Bennett and Carter closing their eyes waiting for their last gift
Golf cart...awesome!
Grammy and Carter
Christmas morning and Star Wars Legos...does it get any better?!
Davis doesn't see what all the fuss is about. He's just happy he found his hand!The Kipp Family had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed time with our family. Of course, as I’m writing this I feel like a great couple of days ended with a crash. We went over to my Grandma’s house this evening to have dinner with our extended family. Carter was having so much fun running around and playing with cousins he hadn’t seen in a long time. He then went down one of the steps and fell, and was screaming. He was pointing at the leg he broke a couple months ago and saying it hurt. Even when he had initially broken his leg he wasn’t crying as hard as he was tonight. I have a pit in my stomach. I’m pretty sure it’s broken. He won’t even attempt to walk on it. We will call the orthopedic doctor on Monday morning. Ugh!
I digress...last night, we went to Grammy and Denny’s and had a great Christmas Eve. The boys opened gifts and Carter was just happy to be out of our house and seeing people. We left cookies and milk out for Santa when we got home, and the boys couldn’t wait for the morning. I was so happy seeing them loving Christmas, I just kept thinking the best way to describe my emotions was that my heart was so filled with joy.
Bennett was particularly patient this morning when he woke up and came into our room. I told him I wanted to finish feeding Davis before we went downstairs, and Matt got Carter up and then jumped into the shower. Then, we had two very patient boys waiting to go downstairs to see if Santa came by our house last night. Finally, we went down and he DID visit! I hope the magic and surprise of Christmas is always there years from now. As a parent, there is nothing like it.
Grandpa, Carolyn, Beema and Roy then came over for brunch, along with my brother and my sister’s family. Carter was running around playfully screaming. His older cousin asked why he was so excited, and Matt summed it up by saying, “He’s just happy to be alive!” He is definitely enjoying every moment, as we all should continue to do! We hope you all had a magical Christmas with your families!
Praying all is well with Carter's leg. So glad to hear that everything else was wonderful. Nothing like seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child!!! Many hugs, many prayers, many blessings!
ReplyDeleteI shared your feelings as a mom this Christmas. The joy in our children's eyes was wonderful to behold. We should all be thankful to be alive (like Carter) and grateful to have special moments with family. I am at my best when I am living in the moment and aware of this truth.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing you this holiday season.
-Joanna
Oh no...I am praying it is not broken! So happy you had a nice Christmas...big hugs and hope for good news. xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping that Carter's leg isn't broken!! I'm so thrilled that you guys (prior to the leg injury) had an awesome Christmas! I have to agree about the excitement of the gifts under the tree and always the surprise of what's inside. Ours are a little young, but they are just beginning to understand the magic and excitement and it is so much fun!!!! We'll pray for Carter's leg and hope it healed over the weekend.
ReplyDeleteLove, Shelley H.