Saturday, April 18, 2009

We Love Carter - Guestbook

Please sign our Guestbook by posting a comment below. We'd love to share these with our family and most of all, Carter. Thanks so much for visting Carter's blog and for your continued support!

252 comments:

  1. Lots of hugs and kisses in the days to come. Wishing you all the strength and courage to stay strong and keep going. Carter you are a star!
    xoxoxo
    melissa, garret & JR Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carter, Bennett, Matt and Kara:
    You are all wonderful!
    Keep up all of the positive energy.
    We love you and wish that we could be with you.
    I will see you soon.
    Love,
    Aunt Dawn and John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett, Carter, and Baby Kipp,
    Sending you all of our positive thoughts and prayers. Big kisses and lots of love!!!
    We love you all!
    xoxo
    Andrea and Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kipp Family~

    Your courage and strength is a testament to all! I will be keeping Carter in my prayers.

    ~Jena (a friend of Becca Freeland's)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE LOVE YOU CARTER! STAY AS PRECIOUS, AND SWEET AS YOU ARE!


    XOXOXOXOXOXO Aunt Elise, Uncle Peter...and all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kipp Family,
    We send our positive thoughts and prayers to all of you and know Carter will have a great outcome. That darling little boy is so lucky to have such a wonderful supportive family.
    Our Best Wishes,
    Nancy and Bruce Harrington

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Carter,
    Everyone at Bennett's preschool is hoping you will soon be back making sure Bennett gets here in the mornings. We have a space saved for you in another year, so get well fast! Come play on the playground soon.
    Love from Mrs. Hornbuckle and all the staff at St. Mark Community Preschool

    Dear Matt and Kara,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Mary Hornbuckle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara, Matt, and family,

    Words never seem to be adequate for times like this, but Mary and I do want you to know that we are thinking of you. CHOC is a wonderful hospital, and Carter is in the best of hands. Have you noticed that children are braver than we are?

    Dick and Mary Allen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kar, Matt, Carter, and Bennett,

    My thoughts are with you all and I know Carter will be better soon! Carter-Bo can't wait until you are able to play with him again!

    Becca Freeland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kara, Matt,

    I am praying for my playmate from Kerk's birthday party!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kara and Matt - I'm was so devastated to hear the news of Carter's diagnosis. It sounds like you are all doing the best you can and staying strong for him. Just know that we are thinking about you, your families, and especially Carter (what a brave little man).
    Jason Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara, Matt, Carter, and Bennett-

    We are praying for all of you. We hope to see you soon!

    Josh, Dana, Casey, and Trey Young

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is only a bump in Carter's long life ahead! What a beautiful child. Many prayers and much love for the strength to endure.

    God bless from the Larkins. (St. Marks)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We kept trying to find the right words, then we realized what matters, is all the prayers, good thoughts and love we send Carter and your entire family.

    Strength and love,
    Bob and Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kara and Matt-Our hearts are breaking for you right now but we are so inspired by this blog and your strength! We are praying for your darling little Carter and we just know he is going to be OK. ANYTHING you need you can call us day or night...big hugs and love to the Kipp family! Cindy and John Harcar

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kipp Family
    We are only thinking positive thoughts for Carter!! We can't wait for the Kipp boys to run wild on Linda Isle with the Berlinger/Black boys!!
    Love,
    Toni and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kara, Matt, Bennett and Carter-

    You don't really know me, but I did meet you at Becca and Matt's wedding/shower events last year. I work with Bec at OCHSA. My name is Sharon Browne and Becca shared with me what is happening with Carter. What absolute beautiful boys you have...and one on the way....how blessed you are! I will keep up on the progress through this site and will be continually encouraged by your entire family's strength! I have some tough medical situations with both of my children that I deal with on a continued basis. I do understand how tough things can be! My prayers and thoughts are with all of your family! Continue to see the silver linings and the blessings that come along with all of this, because there are many!

    Sharon, Russell and Alexandria Browne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kara and family,
    Shannon shared with me what you are going through with Carter. I am so sorry that you all as a family have to go through all of this. Know that I will kepp you all in my prayers. I know this must seem so unfair, but there is a reason for everything in life. There is a silver lining in this experience somewhere. And congratulations on your pregnancy and third beautiful little boy.

    Love,
    Gina (Drennon) Naves

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Carter: Between Choc and UCLA you are in great care......I love your name since I chose Carter for my son's name 34 years ago. You are a very strong, brave boy and I will send good thoughts to you and your mommy and daddy everyday. Love to you, Catherine McLarand (good friend of Berlingers.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kipp Family,

    You all are amazing! Keep up your powerful positive attitude and you will make it through all of this in no time. Carter is absolutely adorable and very strong! He will be out playing again in no time. Best wishes for a very speedy and smooth recovery!
    Tracy Zenz and Family

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett and Carter...
    Our loving thoughts and prayers are with you.
    With your strength and positive outlook, Carter will get through this!
    Kathy & Jim Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carter,

    We are saying lots of prayers for you and thinking about you every day. Kara, please know we are here for you for whatever you need. Carter is a star and will make it through this with flying colors.

    Love,
    Aleece, Raf, Dax and Carys

    ReplyDelete
  23. To Denny and Kay, and the entire Kipp family...an angel for your pocket is on the way...to each and every one of you...believe me, it DOES help; we love and pray for you daily and thank you for keeping us all focused; love, Babs and Jim Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am an old friend of Grandma Kay's from La Serna, class of 1967. I teach at Linfield Christian School in Temecula, and I just wanted you to know that we (the faculty and my students) are praying for Carter. I believe firmly that miracles do happen, and that we have a BIG GOD in charge! I pray that you feel his presence and comfort.

    I have 2 very tiny grandsons, and it is incomprehensible for me to imagine your pain. This blog will help me keep updated--the photos are just precious, and give me a face to hold in my heart and my prayers.

    God bless you all.
    Hollie Sullivan Woods

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Kara, Matt, Carter, and Bennett,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Thank you for posting the blog...we look forward to reading it daily and seeing the darling pictures! It sounds like you're having the best care!
    Love, Elise and Denny

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Matt, Kara, Bennett and Carter,
    What a wonderful strong family you are. I'm sure your strength and love will get you through this. and we want to offer ours as well. Big hugs to Carter for being so brave! Love, Pam and Mike Howard

    ReplyDelete
  27. Even though you do not know us personally (we are friends with Krista) we are praying for all of you. May God bless you and help Carter fight the cancer. Sincerely, Rob & Janice Hess

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Carter,
    I hope you feel great this first week of your chemo and just keep getting stronger and stronger. I am so happy you are my friend. I am here for you always and sending you prayers and love every day.

    Love,
    Charlie Norton

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love and hope and strength will get your family through this. Carter is in our thoughts and prayers everyday. We are gone this next week but Carter is going with us in our hearts and I will check in often to see updates. Hugs and kisses to all of you, Martha & Craig

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Kipp family, we will be praying for you all and sending our strength your way. I cannot imagine what you are going through. even though we are far away, please let me know if there is anything at all that we can do.

    lots and lots of love, prayers and positivity coming your way.

    Julie (Ryder) Ligon

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kara, Matt, Bennett & Carter,

    You are all in our thoughts and prayers...let your love, strength and faith guide you through this time.

    Love,
    Jenn Violet Kennedy & Family

    ReplyDelete
  32. Kipp Family – We admire your strength and positive attitude! We know there are no words we can say to make you feel better – But, please know that we think of you everyday and both of our families are praying that Carter will be cancer free!

    XO – Brittany & Zachary Smith

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kara, Matt, Carter & Bennett (and the new little one on the way!), our thoughts and prayers are with you and Carter. He is adorable and looks like a little fighter. Stay strong and keep the faith.

    Love
    Heather Davidson Caelius and Family

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Carter! I like your pictures and think it is so cool Elmo is there with you. Can't wait to play cars and choo choos with you soon, you are such a fun friend!
    Love,
    Reed Cleary

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Kipp family,

    We love you and are sending our strength and positive thoughts your way.

    Love,

    The Wyles

    ReplyDelete
  36. I found out about Carter through Erin Gregg Burn's blog and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since. Your family is in my prayers and will continue to be as I will check in on the progress of strong little Carter. Your strength and faith as a family is awe inspiring. God bless you.
    Lisa and Derek Butcher

    ReplyDelete
  37. Carter,
    We are praying for you. You are such a sweet and brave little boy. God is with you each and every day.

    Kara and Matt,
    If there is anything we can do, please let us know. God is taking care of your little boy. Always keep your faith in Him.
    You are a vision of strength and courage to us all.
    We love you,

    Jenny, Gannon, Bailey, and Chloe Burks

    ReplyDelete
  38. Kar, Matt, Bennett, and Carter,
    We are praying for the chemo to shrink the tumor so that soon Carter will be cancer free! Carter is such a fighter and a strong little boy...he definitely gets that from his parents. Your approach to this battle and positive attitude is just amazing.
    We love you so much!
    XOXO -
    Shannon and Tony

    ReplyDelete
  39. Good luck Carter! We love you and miss you a lot. We cant wait to come visit you! We are all praying and you and hoping for the best. We love you!!!
    love, Em, Ash and Eth

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dear Kara, just wanted you to know that Carter and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayers. I know several physicians at Choc so I know you are in very good hands. They saved my son's life (burst appendix) and I'm sure they will save Carter. Please call me if you need my help with anyting.
    Aloha, --Brian Flood

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hang in there, Carter! Hang in there Kipp Family! You are all in my thoughts and prayers...I am a phone call away if i can do ANYTHING! Warmly, Amy Webb and family

    ReplyDelete
  42. Kara, Matt, Bennett and Carter,

    You are all in my thoughts daily. I know for a fact that positive thinking and prayers make a big difference-just from the comments on your blog so far, I can see that you have so much of that on your side! I will continue to pray for you and send my positive thoughts your way.
    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  43. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett, Carter and baby #3,
    We just heard the news about Carter. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family as Carter battles his cancer. You can already tell that he is a strong and brave little boy. He must get that from his parents!
    Warmly,
    The Johnson Family - Danielle, Leo and Finley

    ReplyDelete
  44. Dear Kipp Family,

    I am a friend of Hillary Smiley. I will pray diligently and with the power of the Holy Spirit for God to reveal his magnificent healing power and glory.
    Bennett, I bet you are a very brave, fantastic big brother. Remember to give Carter lots of high fives, he loves you very much no doubt. You are so special to him and he needs your protection. Great job!
    Thinking of you all,
    Bobbi Shiflett

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dearest Kara, Matt, Bennett, Carter, and baby-
    We have just heard your news and read through your wonderful blog. Your strength is amazing- and Carter is a beautiful little boy who clearly has inherited your strength. We will be praying for you all daily and sending tons of positive vibes your way. Please know that many many people are praying for you. Sending tons of love-
    Scott, Kristin, Jack, Anna, and Ella Lineberry

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dear Kipp Family
    You are an inspiration to each and every one of us!Carter is the most amazing, beautiful two year old little boy we have ever seen! Our thoughts and prayers are with you today and always! Jack, Charlie and Ava said Carter will be protected by his guardian angel...Stay strong and know we are always here for you:)Love you,
    The Blower Family

    ReplyDelete
  47. Amy Deck & Sam DeanApril 26, 2009 at 10:46 PM

    Kar, Matt, Bennett, Carter and baby brother,
    Thinking of you often - thanks so much for creating this blog, it is so great to be able to get updates.
    Much Love,
    Amy & Sam

    ReplyDelete
  48. Dear Kara and Matt,
    I just read your blog and I am so sorry that your beautiful little Carter has cancer. My son's name is Carter too and it tears my heart out that you have to go through this, I'm so sorry. But, you are going to make it; I just know everything will be okay. If you need anything, just let let all of us know.
    Love & itb,
    Paige, Sean, and Carter Rollins

    ReplyDelete
  49. Dear Kara, Matt and Family,

    I just heard about Carter and am praying for him daily that he recovers, that he maintains his happy & strong self. Sending you and your family lots of love, hope and warm thoughts.

    Love & Itb,
    Helen Johnson Ungerman & family

    ReplyDelete
  50. Dear Kipp family;

    I am so sorry to hear the news about Carter.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family while Carter fights his cancer.

    With much love,
    Amy Baumgartner

    ReplyDelete
  51. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett, and Carter,
    We live in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and work with your Aunt Kathy who has become a dear friend over the years. She has shared with us your heartbreaking news regarding your little Carter and the fight that you are in for his life. We have a 4 year old little boy who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at 11 months of age- we were devastated. Today I find myself with a mix of emotions as I hear your story- My heart breaks for you as we know you love that little boy unconditionally and would trade places with him in an instant. I feel smoewhat silly in being so devastated by the diagnosis of my son's diabetes when what you are dealing with is surmountably more difficult to overcome. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as your persevere through this difficult time. Your son is so blessed to have the support that he is recieving and the love that you bring- God Bless you all in your fight and may he you find his peace as you battle for the win!
    Sincerely- Kevin and Rebecca Rinaldi

    ReplyDelete
  52. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett & Carter- My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I am so sorry you have to go through this! Carter looks so brave and cheerful in your pictures, I know you will beat this! Stay strong and positive!
    ITB
    Kathe Walker van Hoften

    ReplyDelete
  53. Dear Kipp Family-
    Kara and Matt, as a parent my heart is just aching for you both right now as you grapple with watching your little one go through this horrible disease. I know that prayer does work and as soon as I heard of Carter's illness, I started praying for you all. I'm here in the OC if I can be of ANY help whatsoever. In addition to praying for Carter, I'll be praying for strength and faith for all of you for the road ahead.

    Love& ITB-
    Jenny (Wells) Mavros and family

    ReplyDelete
  54. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett & Carter, I will be thinking very happy thoughts for Carter. He is so lucky to have such a brave Mommy and Daddy, and big brother Bennett. Please know that your network of support grows stronger every day and we are all here for you in any way that you need us.

    Love, Anjanette Gan De Garceau

    ReplyDelete
  55. Dear Kipp Family, I am sending my positive thoughts and prayers your way daily as Carter begins his treatments. Kids are so resilient, as displayed in the adorable pictures, and I am sure he will be just fine!

    Love, Trisha Becker Barsamian and family

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am so impressed with Carter and the Kipps!! Every time I read this blog, I am more and more proud to be friends with you. You inspire me to stay positive in life. I hope you all know how much I love and cherish you all.
    Your pal, Court

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Matt and Kara,

    It has been ages since we have seen each other, but I am sending some love your way. So glad to see photos of your cute family. What great boys and congrats for the one on the way! I will be thinking about you all in the weeks ahead.

    love,
    Erin McLeane Becker

    ReplyDelete
  58. Dear Kipp family, our positive thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this time. Carter's a stud, as seen in your wonderful pictures, and he is so lucky to have such a strong and positive family. You are all an inspiration.
    - Russell, Sacha, Kai, & Noah Gan

    ReplyDelete
  59. Kara - It was so good to hear your voice tonight. I love you guys and am sending all my good thoughts and wishes your way. Kiss - C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Kara, Matt, Bennett, and Carter,

    I was so sad to hear the news about Carter. I will put him and your family in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything at all that you need. Stay strong and positive!
    Love,
    Heather Devany (Awalt)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Kara and Matt,

    I'm not a Biblical scholar by any means, but every now and then things happen and the only place I can turn to for guidance is the Bible. I stumbled upon this verse while thinking of Carter and it reminded me of you and your beautiful family.

    He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
    - Isaiah 40:29-31

    ReplyDelete
  62. Kipp Family,

    What an incredible blog. Little Carter is such a champ and Matt and Kara, your strength continues to impress us. We love you all dearly and you're in our prayers.

    Much love,
    The Griffiths

    ReplyDelete
  63. Dear Matt, Kara, Bennett and Carter -

    We continue to hold you close to our hearts - -you are all in our thoughts many, many, many times a day. Thank you for keeping us updated through this blog..you have amazing strength and you can feel the love and support that surrounds you. Max and Dane were checking out the pics of Carter and they thought his Elmo and the wagon ride were pretty cool:) Lots of love to you!

    Allyson, Jim, Max and Dane

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hi Kara and Matt-I am so happy Gammy (ha ha) sent you home to get a good night's sleep...you need it! I have had so many people come up to me and thank me for sending them the blog so they can pray for Carter. You have thousands of people sending love and prayers to your family! Big hugs for being so brave. Love Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi,
    You don't know me. I work with Jodi Bolin. Jodi was good friends with my oldest daughter, Heather, when they attended Thomas Jefferson Middle School. When I heard that Carter was having trouble, I was reminded of my own grand children, and how hard it would be if they had to go through something like this. PLEASE KNOW THAT MY FAMILY WILL BE PRAYING FOR CARTER AND FOR YOU. We will also help if you need other assistance.

    Sincerely,

    David K. Heywood, Teacher, TJMS

    ReplyDelete
  66. Mary Ann Katovsich HornApril 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM

    For Kay and brother Denny--- you both and Carter are in my prayers---Mary Ann in Abingdon, VA

    ReplyDelete
  67. To Kara and family,
    I received news of what was happening with Carter through the DG network of girls and I just wanted to say that my family and I will be hoping for the best outcome possible! I am an ER nurse that specializes in pediatrics so if there is anything I can do, please let me know! Try keep a positive attitude and know there are lots of people wishing Carter the best!
    All our love Lesley "Taylor" Bailey and family

    ReplyDelete
  68. Dearest Kipp Family,

    We are always sending positive thoughts and energy Carter's way. Thank you for the updates, we follow them all. We love you guys!! Mom and Dad you are doing great and keep it up. Bennett you are a fabulous big brother. And Carter, little man, you are amazing. Hang in there and continue to be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Dear Kipp Family...

    I do not know you personally...I am good friends with Kerry Blower who has forwarded me all the emails from Krista. As a mother of a 16 month old and 7 year old I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through. After looking through this beautiful website for Carter I see an extremely loving and strong family that is surrounded by many angels. I only hope that, God forbid, something happens to one of my children I can be as strong and positive as you seem to be, Kara. I know this is every mothers nightmare and I admire you for your strength and courage. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Carter seems like a very brave and strong little boy and I am confident that with this and all of the angels that surround you Carter will be a survivor!
    Most Sincerely,
    Sara Guggenheim Jarrett

    ReplyDelete
  70. Dear Kara and Matt,
    I have been checking this blog daily and following Carter's progress as I know so many others are. It has been many years since our UOP days, but I know the DG/SAE network has been flooded with calls for prayer for Carter and the entire Kipp family.

    I watched my mom battle cancer 5 years ago, and that was tough enough. I can't imagine what it would be like to watch my child go through it. I am so sorry you have to go through this, but the strength you are showing is amazing and Carter will persevere. My mom is a miracle cancer survivor and is now cancer free. She is praying hard for Carter as are the rest of my family and many friends. Thanks so much for keeping this blog to keep us all updated. Sending lots of warm wishes, hugs, and hoping for a little sleep for all....:)

    Love and ITB,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  71. Dear Carter, Kara, Matt, Bennett and Baby Boy,

    I cannot imagine what you are going through, but I know in my heart that your strength and love will get you all through this. Carter, you are such a beautiful boy with such a dazzling smile. I can just see you running down the beach with your brothers soon. Your parents are such strong and compassionate people. You are all lucky to have each other. Matt and Kara, your family is stunning, and the love you share is so clear. Get well soon Carter, the world is your oyster!

    All my love,
    Aron Shafran

    ReplyDelete
  72. Dear Carter,Bennett,Kara, and Matt,

    I just want you all to know you are in my thoughts and prayers! What a brave little boy you are! I know your mom and dad are so proud of you and we all look forward to your speedy recovery.

    Best wishes,

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  73. Matt,
    We were saddened to hear about your sons condition. Your family faces many challenges ahead. Kristy and I are part of a Bible study small group and we have added Carter to our prayer list. We look forward in anticipation to see what God is going to do. The rest of the Stunt Duck basketball family sends their best wishes. We will keep tuned to the blog and continue to pray for peace, comfort and healing...

    May God Bless you and your Family

    Ed McTaggart (Stunt Duck)

    ReplyDelete
  74. DearKipp Family ,
    I work with Kathy at Center Partners. I am sorry to hear of your beautiful son's illness. Please know that I will be praying for his complete recovery.

    God Bless you all,
    Sandie Wojtkowiak

    ReplyDelete
  75. Dear Kipp Family,
    My Mom Sandie works with Kathy, she told me about Carter, what a adorable little boy.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you all.


    Lori Gingrich

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hi Matt and Kara,
    My heart and prayers go out to you and your family right now. My heart aches to know that your family is fighting this battle. God works miracles and I have been praying for Carter's complete healing. I also passed the prayer request on to several friends and coworkers. You would be amazed at how many people are fervently praying for his healing. I love you guys and you are all close to my heart.:-)Jody (Pearson)Bolin

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a beautiful family you and Matt have created. (Was there ever a question though?) Your sweet boy will be in my prayers and thoughts. When Caden underwent his open-heart surgery, it always was a comfort to me that other people were keeping my son in their prayers. Although I didn't have time to talk to most of the people who contacted me, it was comforting to know that people really did care. They might not have known me, my husband, or my son....but they really cared. Kara and Matt, I care. I will continue to say those prayers for you to continue to have the strength to guide Carter through this journey. He is an amazing kid because he has amazing parents. I hope that the support and love from so many friends and family will hold you up on those days that seem impossible to get through. I can't wait to hear about his recovery and the many Kipp adventures your family has to look forward to. Much love and support, Connie (Stansfield) Clem

    ReplyDelete
  78. Dear Kipp Family,
    You don't know me, but I am a friend and co-worker of Jodi's @ TJMS. I am praying for Carter and your family everyday and will continue to pray and am asking others to pray.
    God Bless you all,
    Candice Cunningham

    ReplyDelete
  79. hi kipps, its gillian from uop.. long time its been but always would hear about you guys through the infamous grapevine. I have an 11 month old boy and am overwhelmed reading your blog about all that your little boy has already overcome. You have 2 beautiful children and the love that surrounds Carter is a light that shines bright. This light will help him recover and heal quickly. When all this is over and your new baby has arrived, we have a lovely beach house in Costa Rica and you are more than welcome to use it...enjoy a normal happy family tiring vacation! Let strength and love be with you all...
    gillian and adrian
    costa rica

    ReplyDelete
  80. Dear Kara & Matt,
    Carter is a Warrior! With the Burnham/Lesh/Kipp forces behind him, he will be a winner.
    Thank you for the opportunity to help fight his battle through this beautiful & heart-warming website.
    Much Love, Cathy Sukiasian (Kay’s BFF)

    ReplyDelete
  81. To all of the Kipps - What an amazing, strong family you are. I just heard briefly about Carter today and did a little search on the off chance that you were updating people - here you are on this blog. Reading this makes me think that cancer has no chance vs. the Kipps.

    We are thinking and praying about all of you. I have no doubt that you will get through this, but when times get tough and exhausting please know how many people are pulling for you. It's been a while (Bennett and Carter are so much bigger than the last time we saw them!) but we hope to see you again soon, out of the hospital with two healthy young sons (plus baby on the way - congrats!)

    Take care of yourselves,
    Anna-Marie, Brian and Wright Claassen

    ReplyDelete
  82. Oh, my heart goes out to you all! I am frustrated that there has to be a pediatric oncology unit in the first place & yet so grateful that there is one that is so well equipped to help you through this!

    The central line is scary, but I managed it for three weeks. I know you will find a system that works for you. In order to make Mollie more cooperative, I let her have a special treat/snack that she really liked everytime I did it (she liked the Gerber fruit strips, so that worked for her). We also did it on a clean
    towel in front of the TV with one of her favorite shows turned on.

    We continue to keep youin our prayers! Stay strong & please reach out when you need something!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Hi Kara, Matt, Carter, and Bennett,
    We continue to pray for all of you and hope you will all be able to be home soon. From the looks of all the pictures, Carter sure is being a good patient! Those smiles are definitely encouraging!
    Love, Elise and Denny

    ReplyDelete
  84. Kara and Matt,

    Your family’s strength is amazing and inspiring. Little Carter is in my thoughts. Such an adorable little boy!

    Sending you lots of love and good thoughts,
    Landis

    ReplyDelete
  85. Hi Kar (and Matt, Bennett and Carter),

    So happy to be able to read your blog and keep up with you. I think about you every single day, and even though my husband has never met you, he is asking me about Carter every night when he gets home. Hopefully, all our little boys will meet and play together at some point (happy and healthy).

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  86. Dear Kipp Family,

    I am a good friend and co-worker of your Aunt Kathy up here in Idaho. I was so saddened to hear of your family's ordeal. I just wanted to say what a BEAUTIFUL family you guys have. And that I will keep you all in my prayers for a swift recovery.

    God Bless You!!!

    Kaci Hamburg

    ReplyDelete
  87. Kara and family,

    I received your news from Shannon Delucchi. My name is Sandi (Matlock) DeRose and I joined DG your senior year. I am so sorry to hear about all that your family is going through. You all will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  88. Kara,
    You and your family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. No child should get Cancer! Carter is a beautiful boy who looks like a fighter.
    Best wishes and love from LA,
    Amanda Shumow (Piercey) and family

    ReplyDelete
  89. We love you Carter! We hope you get better soon. We love seeing all of your pictures.
    You are awesome.

    Love,
    Jaden and Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  90. Dear Kipp family'
    I don't know if you still remember me it's Norma Bennett and Carter friend (first Baby sitter), I just want to let you know that my prayers and thoughts are with you, and that you can count with me any time, I'm sure Carter will be O.K. soon, Kara you are the best mother and wife, please say hi to Bennett, me and Natalia (my daugther) love your pictures.
    Good bless you.

    Love, Norma

    ReplyDelete
  91. Dear Kipps,
    We were thrilled to read your latest post and hear that Carter's cancer has not spread. We think of you every day and have been praying hard for Carter and all of you. He is just an adorable little boy and Scott and I just sat here looking at the photos and saying how much he looks like Matt- but there's some of Kara in there too. :) What an amazing small world that you know a liver transplant surgeon- things like that are what make me keep believing in a higher power. It must have been so difficult for you to be away from your little angel, Kara- my heart went out to you when I read that you had to leave the hospital. So tough to be a mom and spread the love around- to Carter, to Bennett and the precious little boy you are carrying. Our prayers and good thoughts are always with you all-
    Much love,
    Scott and Kristin Lineberry and family

    ReplyDelete
  92. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett and Carter,
    I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your little boy. It looks like he is fighter and will beat this. You are such a strong and amazing person and I know your family will get through this. Your children are beautiful and you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
    ITB,
    Amy Brant Piil and family

    ReplyDelete
  93. Great news that it has not spread! It sounds like the doctors are very optimistic...we like that!!! I'm sure once all this chemo is over, Carter will be making up for lost time and will be eating you out of house and home:)

    The Wyles

    ReplyDelete
  94. Dear Kipp Family,
    Thank you so much for creating this site and updating us to how Carter is doing. We think of him and you all every day and talk about how amazing and strong you all are. The news today about the cancer not spreading and the doctors optomism brought tears to my eyes (happy tears of course!). We love you all so much and are sending all our strenght your way.
    Lots of love,
    Shelley, Matt, Kylie & Bryce Winters

    ReplyDelete
  95. Shane and Katie DixonMay 1, 2009 at 5:31 PM

    Hello to all! I was refered to this website by Elise Haugh. I wanted to extend an ear and offer support to you. My daughter, Cordelia, was diagnosed at 18 months with stage iv neuroblastoma. She also first pesented with a swollen abdomen. She went through chemo, radiation, and a BMT. She is now three years cancer free! You can browse Cordelia's website and see the ups and downs we experienced at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/cordelia
    You can also contact us at skdixon@surewest.net.

    There is great hope!

    Best Wishes,

    Shane and Katie Dixon

    ReplyDelete
  96. My family will keep your son in our prayers, As a father of 5 I have seen just how resilient and strong our children are....
    God bless you and your family

    Chris Brigandi

    ReplyDelete
  97. Kara and Matt,

    I am thinking about you and your beautiful boys. Your whole family is in my prayers. You are amazing. I wish you the speediest of recovery! Continue to keep your chin up as incredibly as you already have.

    All Best to you,

    Tracy Cleland Bowie xo

    ReplyDelete
  98. Kara,

    I was sorry and sadden to hear about your sweet boy Carter. With the news today, however, things sound optimistic! Stay strong and thanks for keeping us all informed.

    Positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

    Sandra Hauser

    ReplyDelete
  99. Dear Kara and Family,

    So very, very sorry to hear the news about Carter (definitely glad to hear that the cancer has not spread though!). I'm inspired by your family's strength, resolve and optimism. I've watched both my parents and my father-in-law battle cancer and all three have been cancer-free for years now... Carter will get through this!

    Keeping Carter and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love and well wishes,

    Heather (Sheptenko) Terveen and family

    ReplyDelete
  100. We send your all our hope and love. Together as a famaliy you will fight this and perservere.

    You all will be in our dreams and prayers.

    Saul and Ilana Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  101. Dear Matt & Kara,

    We have always heard such wonderful things about you and your family, we feel like we know you and the boys. Tony and Tracy keep us updated and we are encouraged to know that Carter (and you) are doing okay. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
    Leslie & Jeff Hirschfield (Tony's parents)

    ReplyDelete
  102. We are so proud of you Carter for being so brave and eating some yummy food! Our prayers to Matt, Kara, and Bennett for remaining so strong! We are always thinking of all of you and praying for Carter to fight this fast so you can get back to the daily routines we all can take for granted. We love you,
    Shelley and Mason Helms

    ReplyDelete
  103. Carter,

    We are praying and thinking positive thoughts for you every day. You, your amazing parents, and big brother, Bennett, are a true inspiration to all of us. We can't wait to have a play date with you again, soon!

    Love,

    Kelly and Marin

    ReplyDelete
  104. Dear Kipp Family,

    Marcus and my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I'm so glad you created this blog so we can stay updated. I hope if there is anything you guys need, you reach out to your friends. I hope Carter eats for you today!

    Love,

    Marcus and Stacie Sharar

    ReplyDelete
  105. Kara and Matt -
    I'm sorry for all that your family is going through and thinking of Carter - sending well and speedy wishes. In your words and photos, it's clear Carter is a fighter and a trooper and that he's feeling and using all the love you two and others are providing him. I will follow his progress through this blog. Stay strong. Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  106. Kara and Matt
    I wish I had the right words... Carter seems to have such a great spirit! We have just watched some close friends fight cancer with their two year old... he is cancer free now. The Lord is good and Carter will be a testimony to all. I'm encouraged by your strength. He's a lucky little man to have you as parents. Many prayers headed your way!
    Love,
    Susan Hall LaBelle

    ReplyDelete
  107. kipp family-

    sending tons of love & prayers your way.

    heather (love) perry

    ReplyDelete
  108. Dear Kara,

    I just got emailed your blog and am so very sorry to hear of your sons condition. I wish you and your family the very best in these difficult times and am hoping for the very best!

    Ramin Bastani

    ReplyDelete
  109. Shannon Flint EuseyMay 4, 2009 at 1:38 PM

    Just thinking about you guys.
    We continue to pray for you all.

    Shannon, Rick, Megan, Richard, Claire, and Ryan Eusey

    ReplyDelete
  110. Dear Kipp Family,

    We are praying for a speedy recovery!! You are in great hands at CHOC...stay strong for the little ones!!

    Sincerely,

    George Chami & Family

    ReplyDelete
  111. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. Our thoughts and prayers are with Carter and all of you. It seems like so long ago we were right where you were, but so familiar that it still feels like we are in the middle of it at the very same time. Does this make any sense? My mind just snaps back to that like no time has passed at all. It is a long, hard journey but you and your family will emerge stronger, closer and better because of it. I know that may not mean anything right now but maybe someday it will. Sending you much love in this tragic sisterhood/familyhood we are both in.
    Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
  112. Kara, Matt, Bennett, and Carter -

    Your strength is an inspiration to all of us! I know Carter will beat this! I think of you guys every single day! sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!!

    lots of love,
    Kara and Chris Lanman

    ReplyDelete
  113. Hi Matt and Kara,

    I'm Alana's boyfriend Sandy. If you remember, we met once by chance on Balboa Island when I was in town visiting her and you two were on a walk with the boys. I just wanted to let you know that I keep Carter in my prayers every day, and that in reading your blog and seeing how you are dealing with all of this, I've been truly inspired. With such strong parents, so much support, and such a fighting spirit of his own, I know that Carter is going to get through this just fine. I will continue to keep Carter in my prayers and to send good thoughts your way. I look forward to seeing your family again.

    Sincerely,
    Sandy Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  114. HOORAY for the homecoming! EAT Carter, EAT! :) Praying for you all!

    God does only give us what we CAN handle, however unbearable it seems at the time! He uses tough times to teach us mold us & make us stronger! You will all get through this time & think back on how strong & united it made your family!

    lots of love!
    Tiff & family

    ReplyDelete
  115. Dearest Kara and Matt, What an inspiration of strength and parenting you two are! We are sorry that you have to go through this struggle with Carter but feel confident in today's science and doctors. This is just a very bad nightmare that will be over shortly. Your boys are just adorable as is this blog. Our best wishes, thoughts and prayers are with you! Love Jen, Jason, Aiden and Logan Berlinger

    ReplyDelete
  116. Hi Kara, Matt, Bennett and Carter..Just a note to let you know I read this blog every day to keep up with what's happening. My thoughts are with you always and wishing Carter to eat, eat, eat!!! I am so impressed with what a wonderful and strong family you are. I always knew this to be true, but never imagined you would be tested like this. My love to all of you, Toni Berlinger

    ReplyDelete
  117. Hello Kipp family,

    You don't know us, but we are praying for you all. You have three beautiful boys - can't see the third yet, but just sure he's beautiful too - and family, friends and even lots of people you've never met praying God's blessings to you! I'm sure these posts are but the tip of the iceberg.

    In His love,
    Paul and Karyn Borne

    ReplyDelete
  118. You are amazing...
    I do not have words to describe my admiration for you and your boys. I saw your link on a friend's blog and have been reading for hours. I will keep Carter in my thoughts.

    With love,
    Christina, Nya Bliss and Iyla Jade

    ReplyDelete
  119. Hello Kipp family,

    You don't know us - but we are very close with your Aunt Kathy here in Idaho. We are praying for you all! Let Carter know he is a Rock Star and very inspiring. Your entire family makes us look at the world in a different way. You all are Super Heros!!

    The Lamson's
    Coeur D'Alene, ID

    ReplyDelete
  120. Kipp family,
    An email of this website has been passed on to me. You don't know me nor do I know you. I am praying for you and your family.....be strong and take one day at a time. God won't give you more than you can handle.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers Carter,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  121. You are doing such an amazing job keeping this blog updated. I follow little Carter's story daily and have constantly been praying for you guys. Good luck at the appointment today!

    Sarah Kane

    ReplyDelete
  122. Dear Kara,Matt,Bennett and Carter,
    We continue to pray for you every day, we're so sorry you are going through this ordeal. We read your blog every day and look forward to the one stating Carter is cancer free.
    God bless you,
    Aunt Donna and Herb

    ReplyDelete
  123. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett & Carter,
    I was just forwarded this blog yesterday... and I can't stop reading. The strength that you have as a family is AMAZING! You are inspirational. You will be in my thoughts prayers, wishes, hopes and whatever else it may take!
    Much Love, Erin (Manchester) Sorenson

    ReplyDelete
  124. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett, and Carter,

    Your strength as parents and as a family is absolutely awe-inspiring. You all are in our prayers each and every day!

    Love,

    Erin & Chris Poci

    ReplyDelete
  125. Kristin LineberryMay 10, 2009 at 8:13 AM

    Dear Kara,

    I want to wish you a very happy Mother's Day today. Although it has been many years since we have been in touch regularly, I always think back on our UOP days with a smile on my face. I saw a shirt the other day that said "Mommys- Not all superheroes wear capes!" And I do believe that moms are superheroes, but right now you are a super super super hero, for all that you are doing for your family. I hope you have a wonderful day with your boys.
    Love, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  126. Happy Mother's Day, Kar! It was so good to hang out with you yesterday!! Love you tons. You are the best friend anyone could ever had. I'm so proud of how you are handling this. Also, I admire you as a mother and strive to be as calm and supportive to my children as you are to yours. I really love your entire family!!

    xoxoCourt

    ReplyDelete
  127. Dear Kara and Matt, We just wanted you to know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Kara, you always said you were going to be just like me...3 boys...but you are not at all like me. You are stronger, wiser and smarter than I could ever be. I think that both Matt and you are amazing, as are your boys. We send you all hugs and kisses. Love, Sandy Perlmutter and the rest of the Perlmutter clan

    ReplyDelete
  128. Dear Kara and Matt,
    We read with great interest, each day, your blog for adorable Carter. Just wanted you to know you are always in our prayers daily. You two are just amazing. We really miss you and so appreciate being able to keep up with you each morning as we read your blog. You are both so strong. Unfortunately, we have walked those halls at CHOC ourselves and know how really difficult it can be. Happy Mother's Day Kara.
    Much love,
    Jim and Andy

    ReplyDelete
  129. You are all in our thoughts & prayers. You are all so amazing and strong. Carter is very lucky to have such a great family surrounding him! I know he will beat this & like u said, this blog will be his only memory! -The Schouten Family (UOP)

    ReplyDelete
  130. Daar Kara and Family:

    You are amazing parents and you have beautiful boys...I am so sorry you are going through this but truly believe your strength and positive outlook will allow you to beat this! I will keep you all in my prayers and am thinking of you.

    Love, Sandi Hodes (Court Black's friend from Emory!)

    ReplyDelete
  131. Happy Mother's Day!
    Hi Kara and Matt...
    We have been thinkig about all of you and continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure this was a special Mother's Day for you...and probably very difficult. Keep taking care of yourselves...
    Loved the video of the boys...so cute!
    Love, Elise & Denny

    ReplyDelete
  132. Kara and Matt,
    My name is Katy. My mom and I are friends of Kathy's in Idaho.
    There are no words for things like this and I can't imagine how your hearts must be challenged and how they must ache. Carter is lifted up in prayer and I believe that there is a merciful God who cares for him GREATLY. Praying for strength... day by day, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  133. Kara and Matt,

    It's hard to know what to say in front of a keyboard. When Krista and I learned of Carter's condition we angry and numb. We are very sorry for what you are all going through. If there is anything we can ever do to help you please let us know. Mike and Krista Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  134. Kara and Matt-

    GREAT news about the AFP counts!!! I was practically crying when I read that, so I can only imagine how you felt. That is wonderful- we continue to think of you and pray for you. Super cute video of the boys- love the "Yo ho yo ho" song and our 3 year old Ella loved watching it too! :)
    Love,
    Scott, Kristin and family

    ReplyDelete
  135. Contined prayer for your precious family--all of you! What good news on the blood count--God is good, even in our trials.
    Hollie and Mark Woods
    Temecula, CA

    ReplyDelete
  136. We couldn't be happier about Carter's counts! What great news! Our family is thinking about you constantly and we are here whenever you need us! The first thing we do each day is look at Carter's blog. We really appreciate you updating us! We will be thinking about him tomorrow during his tests. We love you so much! Jamie, Jayson and girls

    ReplyDelete
  137. Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett and Carter:
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We pray for your strength and energy for you and especially Carter, to get him through this. Unity Village (Daily Word)) has a prayer team praying around the clock for Carter and your family. We will stay up to date checking your blog and keep you and your family in our daily prayers. God will see you through this challenge!! We love you!
    Sheri and Cal Mead

    ReplyDelete
  138. Dear Kipp Family,
    Each day we see Carter surrounded with God's golden healing light and love. We are traveling and often do not have email but we read this blog every chance we get. All of you and your families have shown such courage, strength and tenacity...just like your little man Carter. You are all in our prayers and as the Mead family wrote above we have also contacted the Silent Unity team.
    Love, Jan and Jack Ashby

    ReplyDelete
  139. Glad to hear he had a better day with the Pain Meds. I'll be thinking about your trip tomorrow to UCLA and hoping for the best results of the MRI.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  140. Dear Kipp family,
    So great to hear that the tumor is not in Carter's blood... he is such a fighter. I have loved all your photos... its made me whip out my camera more these past few weeks. Please know we are praying!
    xoxo,
    Susan Hall LaBelle and family

    ReplyDelete
  141. Kara and Matt,
    Great to see that Carter ate more yesterday. He's such a cutie. Just wanted you to know that we are still thinking and praying for all of you. Good luck with the 2nd round of chemo today. :-) Jody

    ReplyDelete
  142. Dear Kara & Matt,
    Carter's story brought tears to my eyes, I want you to know that my prayers are with you; as a cancer patient myself I know only too well what your precious little boy is going through. Believe that prayer is powerful -- Carter will fight this.
    My love to your family.
    Shaaron Gomes

    ReplyDelete
  143. Kara- We are praying for you and continuing to think of you with much much love on Carters healing journey- God Bless You guys! Steve and Keri (Phebus) Olson and family

    ReplyDelete
  144. Matt and Kara- Bob and I are friends with your Aunt Kathy in Idaho. We have spoken several times about you all and what your brave family is facing. We send you our love, prayers and positive healing thoughts. We have thought of you everyday since Kathy and I connected. God Bless-your family is beautiful! Colette Schuehle

    ReplyDelete
  145. Wow, what a fabulous website! My thoughts and prayers are with Carter and the rest of your family. Hope he's healthy and home for good really soon...

    ReplyDelete
  146. Kara and Matt

    It sounds like you guys are doing great, under the circumstances. It’s not an easy road and there are so many ups and downs, but you guys seem to have a lot of help and support, and that makes all the difference. I was so happy we had the chance to meet you at the hospital (although I would have much preferred it happened at a playground). Carter is such a sweet boy. And Bennett too. I was so glad to read that Carter is responding well to treatment, that he has been able to get some of it outpatient, and that he is eating again. He is lucky to have such strong, positive people around him. I was thinking of you on haircut day – that was a tough one for me. Anyway, I hope we run into you again (preferably at the clinic and not the hospital). In the meantime feel free to email me if you want to trade notes or just chat with someone who’s in the same boat (akbuchanan@unix-pro.org). I can give you my number too. You guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  147. Hi Kara & Matt:
    We want you to know we check your blog every night and continue to pray for your family. I loved your comments about the schedule!!! It's amazing when you have children how you learn to "go with the flow!" Please remember to take care of yourself, also! It was fun watching Carter's video...such a cutie, and Bennet's support!! Stay strong! Love, Elise and Denny

    ReplyDelete
  148. Dear Kara, Matt and Family,

    Carter is a darling boy and such a courageous fighter. He is lucky to have such strong parents. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    Lisa Gazzaniga

    ReplyDelete
  149. Dear Kipp Family,
    I am a friend of your Auntie Tink (Kathy). She is so proud of you all. On my first trip to her house I was introduced to you in pictures. What a beautiful family! My thoughts and prayers are with you every day.
    Rhonda Jennings

    ReplyDelete
  150. Wow--rock stars! Kris Allen and Adam Lambert from AI? I am loving keeping up on Carter's progress--you sound like an amazing family and are handling this so well.

    My 8th graders are praying for you all. God bless.
    Hollie Woods and Linfield Christian School, Temecula

    ReplyDelete
  151. Dear Kara, Matt, Benny, and Carter,

    You are one strong family! I pray for Carter every night as I say my prayers and I read your blog daily. It is so amazing what strength such a little boy has! Carter, keep fighting, you can do it, and Kara, Matt, and Benny, keep giving Carter the love he needs to fight this! I hope to see you all soon,

    Love Vanessa Juteau

    ReplyDelete
  152. Kar,
    I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for your strong unwavering attitude through all of this. Carter is so lucky to have such a courageous and steadfast mom! I also want to give thanks for all the family, friends and friends-of-friends who have been sending thoughts and prayers Carter's way. I get stopped DAILY by people asking how Carter's doing and how the rest of the family's holding up and I know it's through this vast network of positive energy that Carter will beat this! Let's keep it flowin'!
    I love you all so much!
    Kris (Auntie)

    ReplyDelete
  153. Hi Kipp Family!
    I am a friend of one of the Glass Slipper Guild members. Your story has been nothing short of inspirational! Your unwavering strength amazes me! Each day that I read about Carter, I am floored by his spirit! Bennett sounds like an outstanding big brother and Kara and Matt, there are no words for the amount of respect I have for what you are doing for your family. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way daily. Thank you for sharing your family's story with us!
    Beth Gagne
    (Longmont, CO)

    ReplyDelete
  154. Goodmorning to all the Kipps!

    Looking at your pictures for the weekend said it all. So glad you were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

    Have you in my prayers each and every day.

    Love to all,Auntie Tink

    ReplyDelete
  155. Good Morning!
    I just got an update on our computer from you all. We are praying for you each and every day. We have a grandson and 2 granddaughters and our family is expanding in late August with another grandson. Every time we see our daughter carrying him we-- all say an extra healing supportive prayer for your continued strength.Carter will get through this! How could he not with such fabulous parents, precious brother, extended family and loving friends! Just love the fact that Carter loves the car song! Love you lots,Colette

    ReplyDelete
  156. Hi Kipps-
    Just want you to know that even though we don't always comment, we read your blog every single day. We think you are amazing to keep it updated as well as you do! And it is so wonderful to be kept aware of how you all are doing. We continue to pray for Carter and all of you every single day.
    Much love,
    The Lineberry's

    ReplyDelete
  157. We think about Carter everyday. We thought this video might bring you some extra strength.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4qwVLqt9Q

    ReplyDelete
  158. You inspired me to log on and register online to become an organ donor. I always had a little pink sticker on my license, but this seems more official. I also sent a message to my family to register, too.

    We never know how a terrible experience like yours can turn to good--but God knows!

    Hollie Woods

    ReplyDelete
  159. I love the family portrait. Can your family be any more beautiful!!! Thank you for the suggestions on how to help. This is something nobody should go through, but ESPECIALLY children. We love you and continue to send our positive thoughts your way.

    xoxo,
    Allyson, Jim and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  160. Matt and Familiy,

    Matt I'm glad that we have re-connected. Thank you and your wife for sharing your story with me. Carter along with your family will be in my prayers daily. You guys continue to be as strong as you have and continue to keep God in your life.

    From The Redwood's.

    ReplyDelete
  161. Bev and Gene Lawrence,
    Kara,Matt & dear Carter and Bennett,
    It was with the saddest of hearts that we heard the news of Carter's diagnosis at St. Mark one Sunday recently. Having gone through this, the most unimaginable tragedy in any parent's life, please know how very much you are in our every thought and prayer. We wish we could ease your pain,but share your confidence that your brave Carter will prevail with the aid of God and your friends and family. Stay strong, with love, Bev & Gene

    ReplyDelete
  162. Dearest Carter and family!

    You and your family are inspiration to us! To see all the love and courage in your family is amazing! Our prayers are with all of you...i know that you will be playing around on the floor at My Gym in no time!!!!!! Carter...you are one lucky dude to have a big brother, mom and dad that love you so much...in the end..love is all you need :)

    Stay strong....keep that positive spirit going!!

    Love and Prayers,
    Rhea and Neil from My Gym

    ReplyDelete
  163. oh Kar ... just read the blog this morning. What a rough time. Like you said, cancer sucks. I'm always thinking of you guys. You are so strong and positive. Keep it going!! Love you all soo much!
    Court

    ReplyDelete
  164. Yay~!!! ... just read the good news. I was so worried about you guys. Kar, I admire you more and more every day... Love you all more than you know.
    Court

    ReplyDelete
  165. Dear Carter:
    Happy Birthday and keep up the great work.
    We love you,
    Aunt Dawn and Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  166. Happy Birthday Carter! We can't wait to celebrate with you!
    Love,
    Auntie, Uncle, Emilie, Ashton & Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  167. What a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY you will celebrate! Such good news. Hi to Grammy Kay--I will see you on the 15th.
    Hollie Woods

    ReplyDelete
  168. Happy 2nd Birthday Carter! We're hoping you can go home today and celebrate. We love you!

    Uncle Tony, Auntie Tracy, Jaden, and Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  169. Kara and Matt,

    I just want you to know that Carter and your family are in our thoughts and prayers every day. I check every day to see his progress. A birthday definitely must take on new meaning after this experience. You and your family sound to be doing as amazing as you could possibly could hope to with such a horrible ordeal. Day by day seems to be a good way to approach it. All our best.

    Whitney (West) Short and family (Ryan, Kate, and Ella)

    ReplyDelete
  170. Dear Kara and Matt
    I have been reading Carter's blog site and I want to say what a wonderful testimony you are as parents. You are showing the love, strength, endurance and courage needed to get you through this difficult itme. Keep up the positive attitude. We send our love to you and your family and want you to know that you are in our prayers.
    Love, Janet and Rob Sawyer

    ReplyDelete
  171. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER !
    We pray for you everyday, so happy to hear the tumor is shrinking.
    Aunt Donna and Herb

    ReplyDelete
  172. Happy birthday Carter..Love from Toni and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  173. Kara and Matt~

    I sit here with two sons, ages 16 months and 3.5 years - and ironically with a husband named Matt. I have no words to express the emotions that I am sure everyone feels about this situation. I read your blog daily and admire your courage and strength. You are a wonderful family and Carter sure does sound like a fighter. I am praying for you everyday! I am looking forward to reading about all his progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  174. Happy Belated BDay Carter! Know that you and your family are a true inspiration to all of us! I read your blog everyday and you are constantly on my mind! Sounds like you are beginning to kick cancer's butt!

    ReplyDelete
  175. Happy Birthday Carter!!
    Hope you got our doodle pad gift for the days you feel like playing in bed. Can't wait to see you when you fel better. :)
    Lots of love,
    Trevor and Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  176. We are so thrilled to read about the major shrinkage in Carter's tumor- 40% is awesome! We still think of you and pray for you all often, and always enjoy reading these updates. Very cute story about Bennett drawing the heart. Four is one of my favorite ages. They are so funny at that age. And I'm sure that Matt is right- one day this all will be a blur, although I'm sure it doesn't seem that way right now! Before you know it, Carter will be 4 and saying all those funny things like Bennett does now, and this crazy time of your life will be but memories. Kara- your story about your ultrasound made me cry too! Happy belated birthday to big boy Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  177. Kar & Matt,
    Thank you SO MUCH for writing on this blog EVERY SINGLE DAY! I know you're both exhausted at night and want to curl up, but you continue to write to keep everyone apprised of these struggles, milestones and bits of good news of Carter's. I feel like I talk to you pretty much every day anyway, but by reading the blog as soon as I wake up every morning, you're really just saving yourself from the phone ringing and me (and I'm sure a lot of other people too) calling to ask how things are going. Aha, so now I see your tactic! :) But really, it just re-enforces how committed you two are to your baby boy's fight!
    Love you all so much!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  178. I don't know you but have a child attending St. Mark preschool. I have read your blog and pray for you all daily. I wanted you to know that a friend of mine left for Israel last Sunday and I sent her this prayer to put in the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. I hope it will be of some comfort to you to know that others who don't know you are carrying this prayer on your behalf.

    "Merciful God, we place into your loving care little Carter. Relieve his pain, guard him from danger, restore him to your gifts of gladness and strength. Be with his family to give them the strength and courage that only you can that they may celebrate victory over his sickness and glorify you through lives of love and service. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  179. Kara and Matt ... I know you are going through a rough round now. You two are champion parents and this will all just be like a bad dream. I think about you more than you know. Love you tons!! xoxo Court

    ReplyDelete
  180. Kara and Matt-I know you are at the hospital tonight and I just hope Carter can get some IV nutrition and liquids so he will feel better. As horrible as he feels right now, babies have the ability to also bounce back overnight. I am praying you see some improvement in the morning. You are both such troppers and you have every right to get down and depressed...this is as tough as it gets. Hang on...he is getting better it just doesn't seem like it because he is worn out. He is fighting a war and he will win and so with all the Kipp warriors. Hang on...HUGS to all of you. xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  181. Our hearts are going out to all of you today and especially our little Carter! So sorry he has to go through this!!! You stay strong and let people help you as much as they can. We wish we were closer to lend a hand as well.We are praying for you every day.God Bless you all! Love,
    Bob and Colette

    ReplyDelete
  182. Matt and Kara -
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, Carter, and your entire family. My prayers will continue until I wake up to read Carter cancer free and your next arrival safe at home.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  183. Hello Kara & Matt..
    We continue to read your blog daily and pray for Carter's complete recovery. Please know you have many good thoughts and prayers coming your way every day. This difficult time will pass and your darling family of 5 will be enjoying every minute together! Keep the faith...
    Love, Elise and Denny (Haugh)

    ReplyDelete
  184. Kara and Matt-I have been thinkng about Carter all day...talked to Grammy at one point and she said he was a tiny bit better. I know this has to be brutal but hang on. We are all out here praying for some relief for Carter and the whole Kipp family. Big hugs...xoxo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  185. Kara and Matt,
    We couldn't be happier to see that smiling face on Carter. He definitely looks like a different child today! Keep your chin up, we're thinking of you!

    Love Jamie, Jayson and girls

    ReplyDelete
  186. Hi Kara & Matt – Looks like you’ve had a rough week. Wanted to say that we’re thinking of you. We’ve been spending a lot of time at Johns Hopkins with Tessa and I’ve found it comforting to know she is being seen by some of the best in the world. I am sure you also have a top-notch team at CHOC and I hope that you find the same comfort in knowing that. Also, every time we go to Hopkins I am so thankful that we get to go home at the end of the day and it makes me think of you and your family having to stay at CHOC so often. Hope the "good" days arrive soon and you guys return home.

    Love, Sarah Frey

    ReplyDelete
  187. Hi Kara and Matt -

    just wanted you guys to know that we are thinking of you guys and your family..

    lots of love,
    Kara Lanman

    ReplyDelete
  188. Allyson Buchanan (Brooke's Mom)June 23, 2009 at 11:34 PM

    Kara and Matt,
    I have been keeping up with your journey via the blog and my heart aches for all of you. I can relate to many of things you have experienced (we've seen the ANC of zero, mysterious symptoms that no one can explain, droopy eyelids, scary weight loss, the list goes on). It's such a hard road but you all seem to be handling things so very well. I can't believe you are able to keep the blog updated every day! That is quite a committment to all your friends and family who must appreciate it so much. Your abilty to reach out to those around you and share your hopes, fears, strength, and pain with everyone who cares is part of why you are getting such wonderful help and support, I am sure.

    If you ever have a minute to email me (and I know how hard it is to find such minutes) I would love to hear from you and I also want to tell you about something my Mom made for Carter and would like to find a way to get to you. It's to help with his Broviac, but is hard to explain here.

    I admire you all and hope to run into you again sometime at one of the CHOC hotspots.

    Allyson Buchanan
    akbuchanan@unix-pro.org
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/brookebuchanan

    ReplyDelete
  189. stay strong guys! you'll get through this tough time! Constantly thinking of you. xoxo Court, michael, dylan and jesse

    ReplyDelete
  190. Kara and Matt
    So glad he is feeling better and holding food down! We will say prayers for his fever to go away. We love you! Hang in there, you are both amazing!
    Love Jamie and Jayson

    ReplyDelete
  191. Thinking about you Carter and your family. So glad to read there's so much love and strength coming from them for you!
    Keeping our fingers crossed for your ANC levels.
    Xoxo Regina Hanna & the Eastside Gang

    ReplyDelete
  192. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Such great news on all levels! Just what we have all been waiting for! Looking forward to you making your meeting at UCLA. We are all healthy at the Hanson household if Bennett wants to play while you're at any of your meetings! So happy for the good day, Kara and Matt!!
    Love, Jamie, Jayson and Girls xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  193. Yesterday we went to a fundraiser for St. Joseph's hospital to celebrate cancer survivors. We saw this poem, in the program, and thought of your family.

    CANCER IS SO LIMITED
    It cannot cripple Love
    It cannot shatter Hope
    It cannot corrode Faith
    It cannot destroy Peace
    It cannot kill Friendship
    It cannot suppress Memories
    It cannot silence Courage
    It cannot invade the Soul
    It cannot steal eternal Life
    It cannot conquer the Spirit

    Love, Erin & Eric Sorenson & Colleen Manchester

    ReplyDelete
  194. We are so sorry that you all had such a tough day yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I only wish there was more we could do to help. Give Carter a huge hug and kiss for us. He is such an amazing boy.

    We think about you all constantly and are sending our love and support.
    Love, Shelley, Matt, Kylie & Bryce Winters

    ReplyDelete
  195. Hi Kipp Family, we pray for Carter every dinner and before bed and know that even though the most recent news is not what you had hoped for, that things will turn around soon! Take Care
    Price Family!

    ReplyDelete
  196. Hi,
    Read the email update early this AM and know that our prayers are continuing even stronger and more often for Carter and all of you. Talked with Kathy (Aunt Tink)just a few minutes ago. So nice to hear her voice. You are in our hearts, thoughts and most of all prayers! Keep the Faith! We Love you Bob and Colette

    ReplyDelete
  197. Kipp Family-
    Just heard the news about your Son, Carter. Please know that we are thinking and praying for your entire family and especially for Carter! Even though many miles and years separate us, I still consider you both close friends and will be thinking of you.
    Hang in there,
    Bobby, Denise, Blake, Emily and Tyler Peters

    ReplyDelete
  198. Dearest Kipp Family -
    I just read Carter's story through a friend of mine on facebook. Wow, I've had an inhome based childcare business for 20 years and have had a few very ill children in which I have cared for. The pain must be awlful. I have 2 very healthy sons, now 21 & 25. One with serious learing disabilities but is healthy. There is nothing like the beautiful smile of a son and they way they melt our hearts.
    My family will pray for Carter and your family. We will pray that a new liver is found quickly for your little angel!
    I can't imagine your pain. Carter WILL get better with everyone's prayers and support.
    Thinking of you -
    With Love, The Wicker Family
    Long Beach, CA

    ReplyDelete
  199. My Darling Kipp Family,
    Our hearts are with you every minute you are going through this amazing struggle. We have such respect and admiration for all of you and know that the outcome will be bright. Please know that our thoughts are with you constantly.
    All of our love, Toni and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  200. After hearing all of this, I am so very glad you encouraged everyone to join the organ donor list. It is a powerful reminder about how we can be a blessing to a hurting family by donating needed tissue or organs to help a loved one live. Your tender words about an unknown family grieving while providing a liver for Carter touched my heart.

    You are right--there is a purpose in all of this, and you may have found it already. God bless you abundantly. I know there are hundreds of faithful people praying for you--count me as but one.

    Hollie Woods

    ReplyDelete