Carter's good hygiene
Grammy makes a great pillow!Last night was a better night than Friday. Thanks to the help of two anti-nausea drugs (one of which knocked Carter out for 4 hours straight), Carter and Mom slept much better. They both needed that rest. Unfortunately, Carter did get sick about three times during the night, but throughout the day on Saturday he only got sick once. He definitely knows his limitations, and right now it is not to eat. The doctors say this normal during chemo treatment. He is being well hydrated via his central IV. He also had his two other chemo drugs today, and did great. There don't seem to be any adverse reactions to these three chemo drugs, which is a huge relief.
Throughout the day, Carter mostly wanted to be held and watch movies. Saturday evening Carter received the LARGEST gift basket I have ever seen. Our playgroup sent over books, hats, movies, lots of Elmo stuff, a dinosaur and a ton of other goodies. Carter loved the Make Me Laugh book, and it was the first time he smiled all day. Thank you!!! And thank you to ALL our friends and family for your gifts and sweet letters (and blog comments too!). Then before bed, my sister had him cracking up and he even wanted to go on a walk around the oncology floor with his mask on (which he had been refusing to wear all day). Carter is doing great and inspiring us more and more every day. We are hoping Dad and Bennett can shake their colds and see us soon. I know how hard it is for Matt and how helpless he feels not being at the hospital. Carter knows you both love him tons though!!
Glad to hear Carter's round Saturday went better. I have asked my church to take Carter before God's throne daily. I am praying Dad & Bennett's colds leave quickly so they can be there with Carter as well. Many hugs, prayers & blessings of joy & strength!
ReplyDeleteGlad you both got some sleep! And so happy the basket brought some SMILES! We love you guys. XOXO
ReplyDeleteHi Kara and Matt-Love the updates about Carter and "Gammy"! We love you guys and have many of our friends praying for you. There is nothing like positive energy during times of trouble...he is such a lucky guy to have a family like yours. Love you all...
ReplyDeleteXOXO Cindy and John
Kara-
ReplyDeleteKristin (Lineberry) forwarded your blog to me, and I am MORE than happy to add your family to my prayers and on Thurs. I will ask my MOPS group to pray as well. I'm local here in Huntington, so if there is ANYTHING I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Even bring a meal to Matt and your older son since you guys are apart, and you must be exhausted fromt the hospital. I'll email you my # separately.
All the best-
Jenny (Wells) Mavros
Kara, you guys are all an inspiration. What a beautiful family. Thanks for the updates, we think of you every day.
ReplyDelete