Sunday, February 7, 2010

Last posting!




Well, it’s hard to believe it’s been six months since Carter’s liver transplant. This is the pivotal moment we’ve been waiting for. Most liver transplant rejections happen in the first six months. We have reached this milestone with flying colors! It’s time to breathe a little easier now, after holding our breath for almost 10 months. Carter is doing great! He has now had this organ in his little body longer than his donor did. We still think about Carter’s angel every day. It’s particularly significant to us right now because Davis will be five months tomorrow, which was her age when Carter received the liver. It is still incomprehensible what that family must have been through the past six months. We are still trying to give the family space, but we do plan to write them a letter some time in the next six months and let them know their assistance in saving Carter’s life. And we are forever grateful.

We still have ongoing appointments at CHOC and UCLA, blood draws, scans, physical therapy, etc. that will take up some of our time. We are just happy it won’t take up all of our time anymore. As I’ve said before, this experience has changed our whole family on all different levels. We’re just glad to be on this end now and be as much assistance as possible in the world of pediatric cancer and organ donations.

We know Carter will go on to have a very long and successful life. He has many experiences ahead and memories to make in his bright future. We’re just glad in the book of his life, the chapter titled CANCER is now at the end.

CARTER BEAT CANCER! It feels unbelievable to say it! The best day of a parent’s life is when they are in the hospital for the birth of their child. And the worst day of their life is when they have to take that child back to the hospital. We’ve seen Carter battle for his life. This is something no parent should have to see, and no toddler should have to endure. Carter is victorious though! We can’t express in words how proud of him we are. In fact, we are so proud of all three boys! Everyone played their own role in beating this disease.

We want to thank our friends and family for all of your support!! We couldn’t have gone through this without you. Thank you so much to all of the blog followers for cheering on Carter and our family. It is humbling to think about the hundreds of people all over the world routing for us daily. For all the parents who were sharing Carter’s story with their little ones, tell them Carter says “thanks for all their prayers and positive energy, it worked!”

We have one last request…if you haven’t had a chance to comment on the blog or you would like to comment again, please do! We are going to share the comments with Carter. We will be keeping the blog “live” for another few weeks and (as requested) will be posting Disneyland photos and family photos from later this month. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN EVERYONE!

28 comments:

  1. Kristin and Scott LineberryFebruary 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM

    Dear Kara, Matt, Bennett, Carter, and Davis-

    We are so thrilled for all of you. We have followed Carter's story intently from the very beginning and have read every single one of these blog updates (usually only minutes after they were updated!) Kara and Matt- please know that even when we didn't leave comments, we were reading and following along and appreciating what an amazing job you did of making everyone feel involved in your lives. Even though we have never personally met your boys, we feel as if we know them and our kids have prayed for them all over the past several months. They will even ask "How is Carter doing now?" as if he is one of their little buddies, and they recognize his picture when they see it on the computer. We are beyond ecstatic to read the words "Carter BEAT Cancer" and can only imagine how amazing it feels for you all to say it. I must say again what amazing parents you both are. You are truly an inspiration and your boys are so lucky to have you! Here's to an uneventful and relaxing rest of the year for you all. Can't wait to see the pictures of Disneyland with the Wyles. So happy for both families.
    Love,
    Kristin and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Carter and are so thrilled with your recovery!!! Your cousin Charlie is so excited to play with you again! You are such a strong, happy boy and we are all so proud of you!
    Love, Jamie, Jayson, Kalyn, Natalie, Lexie and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the other side of the Globe I wish all the best to your wonderful little Carter and your entire family. Be happy and healthy!
    Timea from Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Carter-We are so proud of how you fought off the bad guy named Cancer. You were a Super Hero and that is why all your Doctors loved playing with you at the hospital. You are going to grow up and do very important things when you become a man. Tell Mommy, Daddy, Bennett and Davis that we are proud of them too. They helped you fight the bad guys and you all beat them so they left you a strong healthy boy. Yipppeeee! Thanks for letting us help you by reading (stalking)this wonderful blog and praying nightly to "Heal Carter Kipp and make him cancer free"...get out of his body you bad guy! To the bravest boy and his family we love you and are so happy you can go play in the rain and run on the beach again. Oh Boy! Big hugs to everyone...xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kipp Family,
    This is a battle you have all conquered! Congratulations and I am so honored to have had the opportunity to share in it along the way through this blog. Your story has touched so many. And now on to living the life of a "normal" family and kids.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Carter -

    I have known your mom and dad for 15 years (have the embarassing photos to prove it) and always knew you hit the jackpot in the parent lottery...but boy did this past year prove it. My baby Tessa was born just 3 days before your diagnosis. Although she has her own set of challenges, reading about your strength each day helped me realize that kids are tough...people are tough...and that anyone can overcome any challenge with the right support and attitude (and great medical care too, of course). Your story made me hug Tessa a little tighter each night.

    I admit I will miss reading about you everyday. But I am sure your folks will keep us updated with photos that contain many more smiles (and more hair!?!).

    Congratulations to you, to your parents, grandparents, and brothers. Can't wait to meet you in person one day.

    Love,
    Sarah Frey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for allowing me the honor and priviledge of holding your family in prayer these past months. It truly has been an inspiration to me to read Carter's trials & your families triumphs. I learned quite a bit about perseverance and faith from such a little angel. I keep you still before God's throne of grace commanding future health and daily blessings to be showered out upon your family. God uses everything, the good the bad and the not so glamourous for His glory and our good. God is ever faithful and your blog is a living testimony to it. Please keep my email and drop me a line now and then to let me know how your lovely family is doing....but especially if there are any prayer concerns. I will gladly take them before God's throne once again. Many blessings beloved Kipps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Carter,

    Horray!! You BEAT Cancer! I will never forget the night I got the email and text from your Mommy saying that you had cancer...it was horrible. She and your Daddy started that very moment looking forward on how they were going to get you cancer-free. And you all did it! You were so strong and they were amazing advocates for you the entire time. Not to mention, Benny and Davis were cheering you on the whole time, too!

    You are such a strong little boy, and I know you are going to grow up to do amazing things. I hope that you can look back on this blog and truely realize what you went through and what you have already accomplished in life. I frequently cried tears of sadness and joy with your Mommy regularly because of the overwhelming support we received through your Fight Fund, and beyond. We read the blog daily to follow your journey and prayed for your recovery. We are thrilled that this has come to a close and you are cancer-free!

    We love you so much, and can't wait to watch you grow up to be a healthy and strong little man!

    Lots of love,
    Shannon & Tony Delucchi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Carter,

    We have known and loved you since before you were born. Your diagnosis literally shocked us to our cores. Although you will not remember much of this past 9 months, you need to know what an inspiration you have been to us and so many others. You managed to find joy during the toughest of times, and with your family, keep an unending faith. And you have done it! You are CANCER FREE!

    Our family is so lucky to live close to you so that we can play together and witness the rest of your recovery first-hand. What a celebration we are going to have at Disneyland!! I look forward to watching you continue to grow into an incredible young man.

    Much love to you and your family,
    Katy, Harv, Jordan and Mason

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank-you Carter for keeping me strong these past few months...I am going through icky treatment, and often tell myself "Be strong like Carter"...you have tought a lot of lessons through your strength, and will always and forever be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure I'm not alone in the fact that "we will always love Carter", and will miss the updates and pictures...but I'm glad it's all over...take-care and God Bless you sweet angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Kara and Matt,

    We are so blessed to have you as our dear niece and nephew! What an inspiration you have been to us and to your cousins. You really put things into perspective and reminded us "not to sweat the small stuff"! Mere words cannot describe how amazing your family is! Bless you all on a battle well fought!

    Lots of love,
    Aunt Jody, Uncle Scott and Cousins

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carter you are so brave!! I do not know you, but have praying for you for a while and reading about you. You have such an amazing family and your story is an inspiration to us all! I am so happy to hear the words that Carter Beat Cancer.
    Jessie
    Santa Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Carter!
    I am Shannon's mommy and her dad, Dennis & I have been reading your blog every day. We have followed your incredible journey and have prayed for your recovery! We especially have prayed for your mommy & daddy..to give them strength to carry them through the difficult times! You are a strong little boy with great family support, two beautiful parents, and beautiful brothers! We hope your strength carries you through to a long, happy, and healthy life! You have the best role models in your mommy and daddy! We wish you good heath forever! Love, Elise & Dennis Haugh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Carter! You are such a brave boy. We have been following your blog ever since your grandpa told us the horrible news. You have such strong parents and brothers. We hope you enjoy life the way a family should!

    XOXO
    Josh,Dana, Casey, and Trey Young

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Kipp Family,

    I am so thrilled to hear this. Such great news. I am celebrating for you all here in SF. What an amazing and strong child you have. He sure got the best of his parents!

    All the Best,
    Shaf

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been following your blog and praying for Carter since August. I am so thrilled that Carter and the whole Kipp family beat cancer. I have to admit that I will miss seeing your pictures and reading about your amazing journey but I can still keep praying for you. :-) I know you will have so much fun in Disneyland and I wish you an amazing year in your new place.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. You guys are amazing! This is the happiest blog! I love seeing your pictures and this is the best one yet! They all look adorable and I'm thrilled to see that Carter is getting his cute little cheeks back! We look forward to seeing more photos of the future and thank you for keeping us informed each step of the way in this past journey. We are so thrilled to have been cheerleaders along the way...we love you!
    Shelley and the Helms Family

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carter,
    Congratulations on beating cancer! You have truly been an inspiration for people all over the world. I'm so thankful you shared your story. It helped me get through my bad days knowing you were staying strong through yours. I wish you all the best in your new, healthy life. GO CARTER!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a triumphant story. Carter you have touched my heart and I have been praying for you over here in Australia.

    I wish all of the Kipp family good health, peaceful and joyful days.

    I will continue to pray for you and will certainly miss hearing about how you are all going.

    I know that your trip to Disneyland will be a precious holiday where you will make lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Matt, Kara, Bennett, Carter and Davis -

    We can't tell you how thrilled we are that Carter has beat cancer. We have followed your journey from the beginning, reading every post and praying for you every night. So many nights we went to bed with tears and hopes that Carter would beat cancer. There hasn't been a day that has gone by that we haven't thought about Carter. Your strength, love, and determination are infectious. Having 3 kids very similar in age to your boys I have found myself asking everyday, how do they do it? Life with 3 kids is hard enough as it is, let alone with the challenges you have faced. You should be so proud of one another. It’s amazing how someone as little and young as Carter can teach all of us how to live our life to the fullest. Thank you for sharing your story with us, it will forever impact our lives!

    Love
    The Kiltz Family – Chad, Kristin, Connor, Tucker and Karis

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carter & Kipp Family!
    It's been a couple of months since I checked in on brave little Carter. I had shared Carter's journey with a close friend and today she asked me if I knew how he was doing.....WOW, am I so thrilled that she asked me and I checked in! I have the biggest tears of happiness strolling down my cheeks! Carter, you have been an inspiration to so many people. I couldn't be happier... you made my day, my week, my month! You are the strongest, bravest, most courageous little man. I am so happy for you and your wonderful family. You are all an inspiration!
    Best wishes & many, many blessings!!!
    Love,
    Lisa, Derek & Blake Butcher

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Carter,

    You don't know me but I have followed your journey and have been praying for you, the comfort of you and your family, and for your mother during her pregnancy. I am so very happy to have read this update and to learn that you have beat cancer and your baby brother was born! You look so healthy and happy in these photos. I'm so proud of you and happy for you.

    May God continue to shower you and your family with abundant blessings!

    Love, Tracey, Joel and Tristan Lackovich

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh This can't be the last post? Carter sweetling, you became a part of our lives a whole other world away from us but we thought about you and prayed for you and your family. I can't tell you how happy I am that you are disease free! or how bittersweet it is to know that this means you wont be here in my blog reader. We'll miss you all. Thank you for letting us tag along.
    Much love to you all
    Jen Brian and the twotots.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Carter,

    We don't know one another but I have followed you and your story since the very beginning of your journey. I have both cried and laughed at some of the things that your mommy has written. There were many days that, after reading your blog, I would scoop my own daughter up in my arms and tell her how much I love her. You and your family have helped me to realize the true meaning of being thankful for all of the wonderful things in life. I admire you for your strength and hope to, someday, be as brave as you! You beat cancer! Wow! It is bittersweet to say that only because I will miss following you and your journey. I wish you all the best in life. I am sure that you and your brothers will become amazing adults one day as you are all amazing little boys who have fantastic parents! Don't ever let them forget that. Good luck to you and your family.

    Love,
    Beth Gagne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Carter-

    We followed your blog during your Cancer and we said allot of prayers for you! We are so happy to hear that you are Cancer FREE!! We want you to know that you and your family are SO brave and strong and have taught us SO much about life. Have a great time at Disenyland this week and throughout all your other great adventures in life!! xoxo

    Allison McKibbin & family

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carter,

    You have been such an a source of inspiration and a true reflection of spirit, strength and determination. Reading the words Carter is cancer free is the answer to the prayers my family says every evening.My son Carter and you had a chance to play together before your illness. Carter prays for you and always asks "Mom when can I play with the other Carter?" We always have to tell him that he will be able to when you get better. It brings me such joy to be able to tell him soon very soon! We look forward to playdates and fun times ahead. We will miss the blog but, we are so happy that we finally get to enjoy you in person!

    Bennett and Davis you are both amazing little boys. You brought your family such happiness, strength and positivity during such a difficult time.

    Kara and Matt there is not enough I can say about both of you. All three boys are so blessed to have you as parents. You were such strong advocates for Carter, displayed a strong united front when some couples may unravel, you never forgot your friends and family during all of this. Amazing you are both just amazing.

    Allison Pence & Family

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Carter!

    I have never met you or your family, but have followed your battle and prayed for you countless times since I discovered this blog well over a year ago. I cannot tell you how happy it makes my heart that you are finally rid of that nasty disease. You and your family are such an inspiration, and it is hard for me to imagine being half as brave and strong as you and they are. Sweet Carter, I wish you a long, happy, and prosperous life! CANCER FREE, WoooooooHooooooo!!!!!

    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everytime I read this entire Blog, I have tears running down my face as I recall what you went through. I am so proud of ALL of you, and so happy for the wonderful outcome .

    Lots of Love, Gramma

    ReplyDelete