Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bonnie, Gabba Gang and the Kipps

On The Bonnie Hunt Show set with Yo Gabba Gabba

"Here's your dressing room, Mr. Kipp"

The boys living large in their dressing room

Another shot with DJ Lance Rock

Well, before Carter endures some more testing this week, it was time for some fun. My friend Courtney’s friend from college does the booking on The Bonnie Hunt Show. Kelly emailed Court a few weeks ago asking if her boys like Yo Gabba Gabba because she just booked them on the show. Court told Kelly that Bennett and Carter love them. So, today we headed up to LA to meet Court and Dylan (her oldest son, and Bennett’s best friend) for the taping of the show. Kelly and her colleagues went above and beyond to accommodate us. They were having a lot of children come to the taping. Instead of waiting in the green room with a large crowd of people, we had our own private dressing room just a few doors down the hall from Yo Gabba Gabba’s dressing room! In fact, they even had Carter’s name up on the dressing room door just as the celebrity guests have their names. In our waiting room were snacks, drinks and a gift bag full of toys and Gabba gear.

Prior to the show starting, Kelly took Matt to the set and showed him where we would be sitting to make sure it was okay. She was saying to everyone, “This is Carter Kipp’s dad.” They all knew about Carter and wanted to make sure the seating would be okay because of his broken leg…they knew everything. Then, when Yo Gabba Gabba was coming on Kelly came and got us from the dressing room. We were ushered through the studio’s backstage to the front stage of the show. The audience was filled with kids, but the front stage had sofas and a select group of kids and parents sitting there. Yo Gabba Gabba came out to perform and the boys were so excited. The cameramen kept going right past us while we were singing and dancing to the performance. I’m sure Bennett and Dylan will be on TV. After Yo Gabba Gabba performed two songs they were being escorted off stage when some producers stopped them and told them to come back and stand with Bonnie so Carter Kipp’s family can take a picture with them. It was awesome! The characters all gave high-fives to Carter. DJ Lance gave Carter a hug and told him it was so great to meet him. Brobee gave Bennett a big hug. The boys were thrilled. Bonnie Hunt said hi to Carter and then said, “Mom, how are you doing?” I totally started tearing up, and said, “I’m doing good.” I was just so happy for Carter and Bennett to be experiencing this all. What a fun day! Thank you so much Kelly…for arranging everything and for the royal treatment! And thanks Court for suggesting it. Watch The Bonnie Hunt Show on Wednesday and look for us sitting on a red sofa!!

Tomorrow morning Carter has an MRI at CHOC. Luckily, they had a cancellation and could take us in the morning instead of having to wait until the afternoon and not have Carter eat all day. Think positive thoughts for good results!!

10 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you guys got to go to the show and meet Yo Gabba Gabba! What a treat for everyone! It looks like you all are having the fun you so deserve today! We will pray for fantastic news tomorrow and that more fun and excitement like today's, will come your way soon! No one deserves it more....
    Shelley H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, got choked up reading that! What a FUN experience for the boys! I'm so happy they got to do that...you all deserve a little fun right now. Sending prayers and good thoughts for tomorrow. GOOD LUCK!
    Love,
    Courtney Norton

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome, it's tivo'd - can't wait to see it! Tomorrow, as always, we'll be thinking of you guys!
    xoxo,
    Amy & Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipppeeeee you had a fun day! Couldn't sleep so checked the blog and sat here and cried hearing about a fun non cancer day. Carter so deserves to feel like a big shot for a day. Loving Bonnie Hunt now more than ever. We will think great thoughts all day...hang on Kara! I know Carter is fine and this is just another bump in the road. Big hugs...and again so happy for a fun day. xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! I teared up reading this post, its amazing how yur community has pulled together and in such a trying time has offered such fun opportunities for the boys. I will keep you in my prayers today that all goes well, does this mean there will be time to do the entire scan?
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic! Carter got not only a day out of the house (for something not medically related) but a real party with the Gabba gang! Harris keeps asking to see the pictures over and over again - so cool, he says. Of course it made me bawl because you and your family deserve a moment outside the house to move and groove for a bit. And, let's face it, even I would be thrilled to meet DJ Lance! What fun. The pics are fab!
    XOXO
    Daralyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know who the "Gabba Gang" was but I sure do now! Tears of joy are flowing right now reading about your day. And to see that Carter Kipp had his own "green room" was awesome. I am so happy for all of you I can barely type this message. I too am now a Bonnie Hunt fan. WOW, A BIG WOW!!!!!! How you needed something fun like this. Thank you to all who pulled this off.

    Huge prayers for today.

    oxoxox Auntie Tink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just set my DVR. I'll try to watch it here and let you know if you guys make it in before it airs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a fun day for everyone - that is so cool that the boys got to meet the whole gang! Can't wait to see you guys on TV! Thinking good thoughts for the MRI today.
    Lots of love,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is that! I have tears in my eyes for a special family with a special kid. Carter deserves to have fun and I bet he had so much fun! I love reading your blog and think that Carter is a rock star. Praying for amazing results. Brooke

    ReplyDelete