Saturday, November 7, 2009
Three months since transplant!
When Carter had his liver transplant surgery, we were so anxious to get further along in the recovery process. We have continued to feel like we can breathe a big sigh of relief at the sixth month marker. The majority of organ rejections happen within the first six months. Well, we are half way there. We are three months post-transplant today! And (in terms of his liver transplant) Carter is doing great!! His liver levels have been good and he’s taking all his meds like a super star again!
Today is also Carter’s half birthday! Bennett and I sang “happy half birthday” to him, and he is so excited to be 2 ½! As I’ve said before, we are celebrating the little things now…even a half birthday! This is particularly important though, because now Carter is eligible for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Our social worker at CHOC told us to call her the day Carter turns 2 ½ so she can send in his application. We don’t know what he’ll want, but he definitely deserves to do something spectacular!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YEAH CARTER! You are an inspiration to our family. You deserve the best Make A Wish trip ever.....I can't wait to see where it will be. Praying for you. You are our HERO!!!! Brooke
ReplyDeleteYellow is the cutest word ever!!!!! Love that little voice and happy spirit. That guy deserves to go around the world with Make a Wish. So adorable...and so are you Kara. The sweet way you are asking him those questions...love it! It's the little things in life and what a gift to learn that now...it had changed you and the way you parent for ever. Playing with some bubbles in the backyard is just about as good as it needs to get. Please everyone with children learn this vauable lesson and scale your life way down...these are the sweet memories your kids will remember and take them into adulthood. Walking on the beach just talking and LISTENING to your child tell you their dreams or planting some paperwhite bulbs for the holiday and watching them grow...just little simple acts that make up a lifetime of love. I am so proud of you and Matt...big hugs to all the Kipps and here's to alot of "yellow" today! xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteHappy happy half birthday Carter and congrats on hitting the half way mark! It is these kind of accomplishments that truly deserve to be celebrated on a daily basis! You guys rock and I hope that you all get special wishes to come true...each one of you has made this whole recovery process work and you are all so vital in carter getting through this! We love you guys and are continuing to send our prayers every minute of every day!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Courtney Norton
He most definitely deserves to do something spectacular! Happy Half Birthday Carter! I love the video...it really is priceless!!! I am so glad you are 3 months post transplant today also! What an achievement. We love you,
ReplyDeleteShelley H.
Your family truly inspires me. Carter is so adorable. Thank you for writing this blog. I'm praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that video is so adorable!! Carter is precious... my 6 year old daughter keeps asking to watch it again and again, saying, "Carter is SO cute!" We are so happy that he is 3 moths post transplant and looking so great. Sending much love to all of the Kipps!!
ReplyDeleteThe Lineberry's
Happy Half Birthday Carter and congrats on the 3 month marker! I was so blessed to watch this video of your conversation with your Mom. You continue to be such and inspiration to me little warrior! Praying the next 3 months go smoothly, healthy and quickly for you. Many hugs my beloved Kipps and many more blessings!
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious video! Happy half birthday to Carter! Continuing to pray and keep the positive thoughts going for good results. Praying all goes well with the bone biopsy today, I just know you're going to get GREAT results!!!
ReplyDeleteKim
Central California
What a happy beautiful little boy he is...I am inspired every day by Carter Kipp...He is a true hero and fighter!!!
ReplyDelete