Monday, November 30, 2009

Family outing!






Last week Carter had his follow-up orthopedic appointment. The doctor said Carter’s broken leg has healed nicely. He told us that from the x-rays, Carter does have osteopenia. He believes it is just mild though, as he has seen much worse. We believe the milk-guzzling and calcium increase the past few weeks has probably helped.

Carter FINALLY begins physical therapy at CHOC tomorrow. He will go twice a week for the next several months. We’re hoping to see improvements pretty quickly.

All five of us had our first family outing together this past weekend. We went to the park and let the boys run around. Carter conquered two jungle gyms, the slides and the swings. It was great to be out together! It will be the first of many outings to ease us back into the real world again (away from doctor’s offices and hospitals).

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful beautiful pictures, thats all I can say.

    A journey beyond belief, but you the KIPP FAMILY have done it. Happy days are here again.

    YOU ARE LOVED BY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY.

    Huge Hugs coming at you, oxoox Auntie Tink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the family photos! Everyone enjoying the day together! Carter is such a big brother pushing Davis around in his stroller...so cute! Still rejoicing around God's throne of grace, still keeping all of you before God's throne. So glad to hear a praise report to give at church tonight. Many hugs, many prayers, double blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the first family outing! It looks like so much fun and I'm sure it will be the first of MANY fun times all together. I am so happy that things are going well and love seeing the pictures. We love you all!
    Shelley H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as I sit here struggling, It makes me smile to know Carter is doing so well. Children should NOT go through this. It is an AWEFUL disease...when I go I will give Carter all my energy and knowledge. He WILL get through this, he deserves it...he is innocent and deserves the gift of life. Kara, I am sure you will guide him. God bless you all. Life is short and precious...embrace every minute!!

    My love to The Kipp Family ...you have been an inspiration...THANK-YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete