
I guess I didn’t realize how much I’d miss writing in the blog (and it’s only been a couple days). It’s just nice to sit down at the end of a long day and reflect on everything accomplished (or not). It allows us to bring these feelings to the surface, and for Matt and me to be able to talk about our life right now. My fear is to distance myself from these very real emotions we’ve been dealing with through Carter’s battle. I don’t want to ever take anything for granted anymore. I worry that the further away we get from this journey, the less bright the flowers will seem and the sky won’t appear as blue. I want life to remain just as rich as we feel it right now. We are lucky. I am lucky. I have an incredible husband and partner in life, three absolutely AMAZING little boys, and a tremendous network of family and friends. So, on this day…my birthday…I want to reflect on how lucky I am. Thank you!!
And thank you to Carter, the one that has fought this battle to make life richer for the rest of us. I am so privileged to be your mom! I love you.
For those of you who have been calling and emailing wondering how Carter is doing, he is great. His physical therapy appointment was more of a consult, and he will hopefully begin therapy in the next two weeks. He is still wearing his brace while walking and is uneasy on his leg without it. So, we aren’t rushing it because we know he still has a lot of weakness. He is eating foods he hasn’t eaten since before he was diagnosed (broccoli) and eager to try new foods (sausage pizza). And he continues to be a good sport wearing his eye patch every morning.
In advance, we want to thank Patina Boutique for having a fashion fundraiser for Carter! On November 16-17 a portion of their proceeds will be donated to Carter Kipp’s Fight Fund. Just mention that you are shopping for Carter. Thank you to our dear friend Jenny, the owner of Patina Boutique!!
Please write us as often as you can! We miss our daily reports and connection with your precious family and "our" little Carter. I would either end my day or wake up very early to read the blog....so thankful for a good report! Happy Birthday Kara!
ReplyDeleteWrite on.....plus, we are all praying for Carter and your family!
Happy Birthday Kara! Still keeping your lovely family before God's throne of grace. Still dancing and rejoicing before God's throne for Carter's healing and all the blessings God is showering down upon your family. Thank you for keeping us posted on Carter's progress and the family's needs in general. Praying for a season of joy & rest for your family...a time to regroup and just enjoy God's awesome presence. Many hugs and many more blessings!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kara...hope you had a lovely night just enjoying all your blessings. You are a natural writer and I think you have found your gift...sharing your feelings in such a meaningful way has allowed all of us to be part of your heartwrenching journey. We love hearing the updates and hope you keep writing as long as it works for you. Big hugs to all the Kipps as we head into the holiday season. My wish is you have a blessed holiday with three healthly little boys and one handsome husband. Does it get any better than that...you ARE lucky! xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteCarter, and your family have really become a daily part of many of our lives! I am so happy that you had a great birthday! I look forward to updates here and there filled with good news.
ReplyDeleteAmanda
I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Enjoy every minute of it!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kara! I am so glad that you are updating the blog because it has become a important part of my daily life to check in on the Kipp family and see how Carter is doing! I'm glad to hear things are well and he is eating so much better too! That is great! Through the blog you and your family have encouraged and reminded me ( and my family)to "stop and smell the roses" and to enjoy and celebrate life's little daily accomplishments. Thank you for keeping us honestly informed on your daily activities and we continue to send our prayers and thoughts for healthy and relaxing days ahead. Have a great rest of the weekend and tell "pirate Carter" that Megan talks about him and his pirate patch daily.
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! Go Carter!!! xoxo The Schoutens
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Your writing is very inspiring, thank you for sharing with us all.
ReplyDeletehappy birthday kara!!!
ReplyDeleteyour outlook on life couldn't be more pure and inspiring. and don't worry. you won't lose your newfound consciousness and presence in life. there are always wonderful things that come out of what seem to be the most challenging of times. you just have a broader lense now!
and congrats carter! the news just keeps getting better and better!!!
hugs.
bethie