Thursday, July 9, 2009

Brain scan clear!

Carter's 3rd glucose water after the MRI!

Thank God! Thank God! Thank God! Carter had the MRI of his brain this morning at 9am, and everything came back clear! This was SUCH a huge relief! In two days, it will be the 6th anniversary of Matt's Dad's passing. He died of brain cancer just five months after being diagnosed. The scan of Carter's brain was a clear reminder of what we have lost. However, now we can focus ALL our energy on getting a healthy liver for Carter! The crossed-eye is probably just a side effect from one of the chemo drugs, which we will address later. For now, we will just embrace it. It doesn't seem to bother Carter at all.

Matt had to give Carter the first G-CSF shot last night. Matt was traumatized by Carter screaming, "No Dadda! No Dadda!" He said it was awful. Well, today they came in and said they are sending us home with the IV version. We are so relieved. They are having a nurse come to our house and explain how to do it. No pokes for Carter! Yeah!

We should be getting discharged first thing in the morning. We can't wait for a weekend at home again!

Grandma just flew back home today. Thanks so much for coming and helping out! You did a great job driving around town! Bennett loved his quality time with Grandma!

And thank you everyone for your good thoughts for the brain scan today! It paid off!!

13 comments:

  1. Kristin LineberryJuly 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM

    I am SO glad to hear this!!!! YAY! I thought of you a lot today and said many prayers that Carter's brain scan would be clear. This is AWESOME news!!!! :)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! That is fantastic news! I am so happy and have been thinking of you guys all day and hoping to hear good news. Enjoy spending another weekend together at home!!!
    Shelley H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Kara "thank God, thank God!"...Matt, remembered when your dad passed. Keep the Faith Kipp family. Big love and hugs, julie Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you guys. That is a huge relief for your family. Praying for you daily!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Thank God!! I was so worried about Carter today. I am so so very happy that the brain scan was clear. And also so happy to hear that you don't have to give him shots after all. Dressing changes and oral meds are enough!! You guys are doing so great!!
    - Allyson Buchanan (Brooke's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been waiting all day for that wonderful news...what a huge burden lifted. Thank you God for sure! Blessings to you guys and hope it's a very good weekend.

    Bundle of hugs,
    Jan and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor little guy! He's been through so much. I am so glad that today turned out to be positive. Enjoy your weekend. I am praying for Carter daily (along with so many others). Thank you so much for keeping us all updated daily. I don't go to sleep at night until I read your post. Carter has touched so many people in his fight. I have friends ask me daily how he is doing and I always tell them that he is good. Still fighting and waiting to be healed. AND HE WILL BE HEALED in JESUS NAME! :)Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear the news about the MRI ! Keep up the fight little man! Keeping our fingers crossed that you get a call soon for a match for the transplant! Hang in there!

    -Lesley Taylor Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANK GOD! Now, if that eye doesn't bother Carter, forget about it until that new liver comes and the real healing begins. A weekend at home will be splendid, I can just feel it. And no pokes - hooray. Big hugs! Daralyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Thank God! One more small battle victory on the way to winning the war. I am glad you are going home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great NEWS!!! So glad to hear that you had a positive day!! Hope Carter is feeling well today and hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

    Beth Gagne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank the LORD. I am still praying and will pray everyday for Carter. The details you give are great and help me be specific in my prayers.
    The Lord Bless and keep all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have been following Carter's journey and pray for him and your family every night! We are SO happy that you got good news today. He is such a fighter and an inspiration to all of of us! We are thinking and praying HARD for you Kipp family!!

    The McKibbin Family

    ReplyDelete