
The four of us went on a long walk today (Carter in the stroller and Bennett on his bike). It was nice to all get out together. Bennett and Matt did some swimming again, and Carter and I played at home. Auntie came over this evening to visit, which the boys loved. While she was here, I was reorganizing a bag for the hospital (when we do get our call from UCLA). Matt and Krista asked if I knew something they didn’t. As the days go on, I feel we must be getting closer and closer to that liver transplant call. It’s hard to imagine what we’ll be doing at the time. You are definitely waiting in limbo during this time though. I just want us to be as prepared as possible. In the next couple days, Matt and I are going to reread the liver transplant folder they gave us. There is just so much to take in, we don’t want to be too overwhelmed when the time comes for us to apply these new expectations and guidelines into our lives.
Tomorrow morning we are off to the CHOC cancer clinic to get blood work done. Hopefully, Carter’s counts will still be as high as they were last week. We’re also hoping it’s a pretty quick visit. You never know when you go how long it will be. We have yet to be in and out of an appointment. As long as Carter is still feeling good though, it makes everything easier.
Kara, I am with you. . . it must be right around the corner. Hope your appointment is speedy today and with great news so you can get home and back to enjoying your summer.
ReplyDeleteGina
Sounds like a good day again! Also, It is sooo good that you are being as prepared as possible for this important call and life changing experience. You guys still impress me with how on top of things you are and how relaxed you are at the same time. We'll pray for good numbers again today from the blood work and that it goes quickly....oh and that a liver becomes available sooner than later so the waiting will be less. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteShelley H.
Matt and Kara - So glad to see that you are getting lots of family time...so needed!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope the numbers today are a plus and the call from UCLA comes this week.
I MISS YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH. Sending you lots and lots of love. All you Kipps are always in my heart.
Tink
It never hurts to be prepared for the call to come. Praying for good numbers!!! Praying for the call to come, praying for your family as well as the donor family. Praying, dancing, praising, singing before the throne of grace for each and everyone of you. Many hugs!
ReplyDelete