There's no place like homeWell, it’s official. Carter is on the liver transplant list. Everything seems to be happening so fast, it’s crazy. And not only is Carter on the list, he is #1 on the list for his blood type (type A). So, tonight Matt and I have to have bags packed and all phones on at all times. And then we wait…and we could be waiting a while. And we may have some false alarms, but we wait.
In the meantime, we are enjoying being home together. When I got the call from the transplant coordinator today saying we were on the list, the boys and I were playing Hungry Hippos...and it was getting very competitive. She was laughing at us, and said she was so happy we were having a “normal” weekend. Normal is a funny word to us now. Normal- giving Carter three breathing treatments three times a day to prevent pneumonia, administering oral drugs, flushing central IV lines, getting tons of food out that Carter is requesting only to reject it once it is in front of him, and reading our liver transplant consent form that we will have to sign and every other sentence is “death may occur”. Yes, this is our new norm. We are trying to embrace it. It’s definitely scary though. But we are finding time to sit back and enjoy these present moments. That is what we know and what we have now.
Number 1, thats gret! I hope this part will be over for you soon!
ReplyDeleteA picture tells a thousand words...the picture up above certainly tells how happy the kipp family is to be united in their abode for the fourth of July as Matt snaps the camera. Big love and hugs, Julie Weaver
ReplyDeleteI got the chills reading that post Kara. I am thinking of your family daily and praying for you. I can't imagine what you are going through, but know we are all here supporting you guys. I love the picture of you and the boys......you all look so happy. We think that Carter is an amazing boy with amazing parents!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Brooke, Mike, Emmy, and Reese
"But we are finding time to sit back and enjoy these present moments. That is what we know and what we have now." Truly the secret to being happy for all of us....and most of us need a crisis to "get" it. Thanks for reminding us, Kara. You are driving your message of appreciation and living in the now home to all of us. Blessings and health to all of you!
ReplyDeleteWOW - #1 on the list! So glad that you guys are home and able to enjoy the weekend together. Great reminder for everyone, Kar...live in the present and enjoy every minute of it. Love the photo today, too - you look amazing 7 mos pregnant! :)
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Shan
Beloved Kipps, you all are #1 on my prayer list...every moment you cross my mind I take you before the throne of Grace, which is many times per day. Praise God Carter is #1 on the list. I have been and am now praying for the family that is going to make the sacrifice and gift of life...praying comfort as only the Holy Spirit can do. Praying strength for this family to go on after their loss knowing that through their loss they are able to save another. Praying for your family...that everything goes as smooth as silk with the transplant. That Carter's body accepts the liver without complications, that strength and vitality return to him and that recovery time is minimal. Praying blessings of finances for your family as I know what you are going through isn't cheap....praying the Lord opens the windows of heaven over your family and pours out so many blessings you can't number them all. Praying for joy and strength over each and everyone of you.
ReplyDeleteMy mother passed when I was 12 years old from kidney failure. I made up my mind then to become a registered organ donor. When I pass from this world to my beloved Lord, if it is His will not to translate me like Enoch, I hope many will benefit from my body which will be left behind. Many hugs, many blessings!
I am a friend of Joe and Kristin Cesta and have been following Carter's story for some time now. I wanted to let you know that prayers are coming your way from Ohio and beyond. I have told a lot of people about your family and trust that God is listening to all the prayers for complete healing for Carter.
ReplyDeleteMy life turned upside down when I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago at age 28 (while pregnant with my first). Though life will never be the same for the Kipps, I can tell you that once the hospitilizations and surgeries and chemo treatments and other treatments and sleepless nights (and all the other junk that this nasty disease brings along with it) are over, your lives will be restored and you will feel happiness and joy many, many, many, many, many more days than you will feel sadness and grief. That is something to look forward to!
In the meantime, try to stay positive (because attitude means so much when it comes to things like this), and know that God is protecting your family even when it may feel like He has abandoned you.
I will continue to pray for Carter and I wish you all comfort and peace during this trying time.
Kristi Frazier and Family
U have dozens of people cheering for u all in AZ!!! Thinking about Carter everyday!! You are the BEST and please enjoy this NORMAL weekend!! Xoxo The Schoutens
ReplyDelete