Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lazy Saturday…

The boys snacking in the clubhouse



Wonderful gesture from Glass Slipper Guild

More shaved heads... Carter, cousin Ashton, Bennett and cousin Ethan

Well, all of our days are exhausting nowadays, but we’re mostly at home taking care of Carter. He had a rough morning, and seemed pretty uncomfortable. We did a lot of cuddling on the couch. Matt sent me out for an hour to get a manicure and pedicure with my dear friend, Court. And Matt got to take over the cuddling role. By mid-day Carter seemed a little better, once we gave him some pain meds. Later this afternoon, my sister and her family came over (highly screened from having any contact with anyone having any illness). Bennett and Carter’s cousins, Ashton and Ethan were sporting their new shaved heads. Thanks guys! Carter had so much energy while they were here and just wanted to hang out with the boys. It was great!

Tonight is The Jade Room Gala, which is a fundraising event for a group I have been a member of for the past 4 years. The group is called The Glass Slipper Guild, and it is a philanthropic group raising money for the Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC). It is an amazing group of women, who come together raising money throughout the year to directly benefit the hospital. Tonight is the big event the group works toward each spring. In Carter’s honor, they put together a table with pictures of him and are taking donations towards Carter’s Fight Fund. Matt and I are so appreciative of being thought about during this special night. Although, we wish we could be there, we are in spirit! Thank you GSG!

On the eve of Mother’s Day, I just wanted to thank my Mom. She has been a rock for our family through this whole ordeal. Other than a few days this week when she had a cold, she has been with either Bennett or Carter every day since this began. I know how much this is probably hurting her to see her grandson have to go through this, but she shows nothing but strength when she is with us. Our boys think the world of her, and I don’t know what I would do without her during this time. THANK YOU MOM! I love you and Happy Mother’s Day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Kara!

    I didn't forget you in my last post. I wanted today's post to be just for you. I was thinking of you when I was reading my morning devotional. Sunday mornings I am awake before the dawn. I sit in my living room and watch the sunrise through the picture window as I read my devotionals.

    Proverbs 31:26-31 was today's devotional centered around Mother's Day. "She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 'Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.' Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates."

    I hear the Father speaking over you, "Well done, good and faithful servant." You have been a Proverbs 31 wife & mother without realizing it, but God recognizes it. Throughout this ordeal you have been loving arms, patient mother juggling 2 boys and a household in the midst of this trial. I hear the Lord singing songs of healing and strength over you. Well done good and faithful servant! May today be filled with many blessings. I pray the Holy Spirit shower your home with the Father's love and open your eyes wide so you don't miss one of the blessings. May your home be filled with joy for His joy is our strength. Be blessed O Woman of God. You are an inspiration to all women and your children do call you blessed.

    ReplyDelete