The boys cheesing it up
Little Bill...or Carter with his HUGE vansIt’s frustrating on the days when Carter doesn’t eat much, but we’ll just hope he makes up for it on the days he does. I am constantly suggesting things like brownies, yogurt, milkshakes, cheese, etc. Of course, Bennett always wants to take me up on the offer. Half the time, I give in hoping Carter will see Bennett eating it and want it too. Most of the time it doesn’t work.
We had to get Carter a new pair of shoes. His favorite (and only) shoes he’ll wear, are these blue “old skool” Vans. However, he threw up on them at the hospital and we forgot them in the bathroom of his room when we left. He wants to wear shoes all the time now, I think it makes him feel steadier on his feet…but he’ll only wear those ones. So, I traced his foot the other day and ran to Nordstrom to get a new pair. The guy said it was a size much bigger than the ones Carter was wearing. He told me I could always bring them back if they didn’t fit. Obviously, this guy doesn’t know how rare it is for me to be able to run out and do something. Well, Carter loves the shoes and they are WAY too big. Now, every time I look at him I think of this show the boys watch, Little Bill. It’s a show created by Bill Cosby and the boy has a bald head and huge shoes (see photo).
Carter’s rash is now on one wrist, one leg, and up high on his back. It is a little better on his stomach, and is gone on his neck, chin and cheeks. Matt and I don’t think it’s the adhesive remover after all, and I’m wondering if we’ll ever know what is causing it. Since we don’t believe he is allergic to adhesive remover, we used it on his back this evening to get rid of the tape residue that would never come off otherwise. We gave him a sponge bath and thoroughly washed off all the remover after we used it, because it is still harsh on the skin. Hopefully, we won’t be proven wrong and he’ll have an outbreak tomorrow.
Bennett got a chance to run around our house and play in the backyard with his cousin today. And Carter was definitely keeping up with them too. He just wanted to be held the rest of the night after they left, but he was active and running around while they were here. And of course, Carter showed Auntie his tubes about 10 times while she was here!
Wyatt just got those exact shoes and he LOVES them too! He cries when I try to take them off for naptime. A couple of times, I just let him sleep in them!
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear Carter had fun running around with B and his cousin. Hope the rest of your weekend is a mellow and "normal" as possible :)