Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pretty "normal" day…

Carter and a few puzzles

Carter's second helping of blueberries

Today felt like a pretty normal weekday around the Kipp house, aside from a central IV line flush and numerous oral meds throughout the day. Matt went into the office, Bennett went to school, and Carter and Mom hung out around the house. When Dad came home, the boys harassed him and jumped all over him all evening. And both boys chased each other around the house, just as they always had. It’s so much nicer to be home. Carter eats more, has more energy, laughs more, and feels more normal. And we do too!

Matt and I are so lucky to have such great friends and family and so much support for our son! There isn’t a day that goes by that we don’t take a moment to acknowledge how blessed we are for all of you. When this ordeal is all done and we have come out victorious, we will continue to appreciate each and every one of you for helping us get through this time in our lives. And this will be engrained in Bennett and Carter as well. How lucky they are to learn the most important lesson in life at such a young age. This is really what life is all about. NOTHING is important without friends, family and good health! Thank you all.

5 comments:

  1. Kara and Matt-Yea for normal!!!! I am so happy you had a nice day and Carter is eating. Blueberries and tomatoes are great cancer fighters to help shrink, shrink, shrink that tumor. You are all in our thoughts and we know Carter is going to grow up to be a strong healthy young man. Big hugs and here's to NORMAL! xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Normal! Yay for Friends! Yay for Blueberries! Keep it up guys. Love you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God, praise God, praise God that Carter is getting back to normalcy in activity and eating. Keep offering him the things he is eating...young boys can certainly work off the extra calories better then us adults.

    It has been MY blessing to follow this young warrior's journey & battle. He has many lessons for us adults to learn. It has been my honor and pleasure to take the Kipp family before God's throne of grace in prayer...and I will continue that work. Perhaps God shall work it out where you can meet the many that have kept your family in prayer this side of heaven ;o) would be fun! Many blessings be upon each and everyone of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Carter,
    Your puzzles look so fun and I LOVE blueberries too! I can't wait to play puzzles with you!

    I'm happy you are my friend.

    Love,
    Charlie Norton

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank God for a "normal" day and will pray that you have many more! Friends, family, and good health are most important, I agree...we need to remember to be more thankful for them too.
    Shelley H.

    ReplyDelete