Bennett visiting Carter...because he missed him
Bennett poses with "Choco"In some ways it’s hard to believe it’s been one month since that terrible night when we preliminarily heard Carter’s diagnosis of liver cancer. And in other ways, it feels like we’ve been working through this for an eternity already. We’ve definitely learned to not take a healthy day for granted. You just begin going through the motions of life, not even realizing how lucky you are for the normalcy you live. Carter has been so strong, without even realizing it. And he has made Matt and I rise to the occasion. I can’t wait for his triumph in the end, he deserves it. He deserves to live as normal of a childhood as his parents lived, and their parents did.
Carter had two chemo drugs administered today. He is having nausea and gagging, but we did manage to get him to eat a half cup of chocolate ice cream with Bennett at the hospital. He was running around the oncology floor with Bennett, and they went to the play room for a little bit. Big brother did great today, and spent the whole day at the hospital with Mom and Dad. Carter was so happy to be with him.
This afternoon they told us they wanted to make sure Carter did okay with the chemo, so we wouldn’t be able to leave until Monday. Matt and I were disappointed, but there is nothing we can do. We’re hoping for an early discharge tomorrow and Carter will be home by the time Bennett gets back from preschool. Matt is staying at the hospital with Carter for the third night in a row. Yeah Dad! Since I am pregnant, I need to be cautious of sweat, saliva and changing Carter’s diapers within 24-48 hours after chemo. Matt called to make sure Bennett and I were okay during the earthquake tonight, and to tell us the hospital was really swaying. He also said Carter had just gotten sick, and now the smell (or even the mentioning) of some foods is making him gag. We wish those anti-nausea drugs worked a little better! Oh, and the rash test is still inconclusive. The test tapes will come off tomorrow, and we still won’t have an answer as to why Carter has this rash.
Hi Guys-Sounds like you are so ready to be home as a family. I hope Carter and Matt got some rest and they can pack up and come home this morning. Hang in the Kara...you are getting closer to the finish line when you will get back to a normal life. Health is precious and we should all say thank you every day for it. Big hugs to you especially for being so strong and brave during this ordeal. XOXO Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteRomans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purposes." Father, You created each and everyone of love, You perfect love that casts out all fear. So Father, knowing this, when YOU created this wonderful boy named Carter, You hand crafted him out of Your love. You gave Carter a knowledge & love for YOU...so I know Carter loves you with a pure love. I also know God that You create everything one and everything for a specific purpose. I don't know what Carter's purpose is other then to be a joy and blessing to his own family, but he truly has a purpose. So Father let it be according to YOUR word unto Carter. Let all things work for Carter's good and YOUR glory. Bless the doctors with YOUR wisdom, knowledge & understanding. Help them Holy Spirit to discover & treat this rash that is causing such discomfort to Carter. Holy Spirit pour out your horn of oil over and into Carter. I command all nausea to leave his body right now in Jesus' mighty name. I again speak to all of Carter's healthy cells "be fruitful & multiply, overcome & overtake every cancerous cell in Carter's body." I speak health over, into and through Carter. I speak joy unspeakable to wash over this family, for Father YOU said that YOUR joy is our strength. I dance, praise and pray before Your throne giving YOU all the glory & honor in Jesus' name. Amen
ReplyDeleteMany blessings dear ones! Big & gentle hugs all around!
This does remind us to be thankful for every healthy day we have, I agree! You guys are all doing a fantastic job staying strong, positive, and brave during all of this. We are still sending our prayers and look forward to celebrating with all of you soon when Carter is Cancer free.
ReplyDeleteShelley H.