Bennett sporting the new Yo Gabba Gabba gear, DJ Lance hat and glasses
Dad embarrassing himself...
Bennett and Grandma before bedHappy Mother’s Day to all our amazing friends and family! Carter woke up around 4:30am this morning and seemed pretty uncomfortable. Matt brought him in bed with us and finally we got him settled and back to sleep. Then, Bennett came in around 6:15am to wake us all up singing “Happy Mother’s Day to You”. Bennett then presented me with a Mother’s Day "menu". I had a selection of a few breakfast items, and Bennett took my order. We all went downstairs to waffles, bacon and orange juice. Carter had a few bites of waffle, but didn’t eat the bacon like we were hoping. He snuggled on the couch with Mom or Dad throughout the morning, napping here and there.
This afternoon I got to go on a walk around Balboa Island with my sister and Mom. It was so nice to get some fresh air, and had been so long since I had been walking (due to being on bed rest for months before Carter was diagnosed). After getting back home, Matt left for the airport to pick up his Mom (Grandma). The boys were so excited to see her, and the special attention for Bennett this week will be great. Matt and I have a busy week full of appointments for Carter, and it’s nice to know Bennett will be at home playing with one of his favorite people. Grandma came baring gifts with the Yo Gabba Gabba theme. The boys were so excited, and Carter definitely seemed to have a “pep in his step” for a few hours. My Mom is over her cold and can be around Carter again, so she and Denny came over to see the boys too. Everyone ended up staying for pizza, and Carter and Bennett loved having the company!
Tomorrow we are off to CHOC’s outpatient clinic for our weekly chemo and a new pneumonia-fighting antibiotic drug (which is an IV drip for about an one hour once a month). We’re hopeful we’ll get the AFP results from the blood work last week, and the counts will have dropped!
Thank you again (everyone) for your support, kind words, and prayers! You really have no idea how inspirational it is to know we have so many people cheering on Carter and our family!
I imagine you are truly feeling the strong bond of motherhood on this special day. Sending love your way, Kara.
ReplyDelete-Joanna
Happy Mother's Day Kara...continued prayers for Carter and your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteMollie and family
Happy Happy Mothers Day Kara! Thinking of you and I'm SO happy that you got to sneak away for some good mommy time. Good luck this week with all of your appointments. I'm sending prayers for good test results and an easy week for carter and the family!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Courtney Norton
Sounds like it was a great Mother's Day for everyone. Glad to hear Kara got a little time away. I had to comment on the picture of Matt. Our Dad used to wear thick black glasses and Matt looks exactly like him!
ReplyDeleteIt's pretty funny. I sure do love you guys. I think of the four of you throughout everyday. Today I'm thinking lower AFP!
Trace