Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Friends


Matt and I are so lucky to have so many wonderful friends. Since Carter’s diagnosis, we have been contacted by several friends we haven’t been in touch with since college, high school, and even younger. Some of these people are the ones that have supported us the most often. We are so grateful to you. Some people have tried to give us “space” during this time, when really you just need support. We get plenty of “space” in the hospitals and while getting treatments. In fact, we are so busy during this time it’s easy to feel alienated. And it’s just then that we have friends who are not only asking us what they can do, they are just doing it. We will be forever appreciative of your helpfulness. Some friends of ours we haven’t seen at all since Carter was diagnosed, yet we feel closer to you than we did while seeing you on a regular basis. This experience has definitely allowed us to have renewed faith in people. Thank you. We hope to be as good of friends to you as well.

One friend Matt and I would like to thank is Shannon. You have been amazing. You have managed the Carter Kipp Fight Fund, which has helped our family in a tremendous way. Thank you for being one of the best friends a person could ever hope to have. You are constantly asking what you can do to help (and doing it), even though we are miles apart. We wanted you to know how much your friendship means to both of us. You are irreplaceable in our lives.

We had a pretty relaxed day at home. We did lots of puzzles, games and make-believe (always on Bennett’s terms). The boys got to play outside in the backyard, which was good for Carter. His mobility hadn’t been good enough that I thought he could manage outside, but he did great today. Walking on the grass can be a little tricky for him and climbing is impossible, but he loves “playing catch with Baby Brother”. He makes me show my belly, and then he throws a ball at it. I’m quite sure Baby Brother doesn’t love this game, but Carter thinks it’s hilarious.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kipps..
    I can't believe how great Carter looks! He is amazing! I read your blog every night and obviously lots of prayers being answered! Looking forward to your post when Baby Brother arrives!!!
    Love, Elise & Denny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone is doing great! Its so nice to see everyone so happy! And yes, Shannon is and always has been an amazing friend! I have been fortunate to have her a friend since we were 3 and counting. I can't wait to see pictures of the new Kipp boy!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so amazed at how well Carter is doing!! He looks so good and is even playing outside! That is fantastic! It is so nice for him and all of you to have time for the boys to play together again now that Carter is cancer free and getting stronger. It also sounds like he'll be a terrific BIG brother to the little baby Kipp. Already playing catch with him is so cute!! I have to tell you that every morning Megan (after watching Agent Oso of course) runs over to my computer and says, "We have to check Carter Mommy!! She pulls out the chair and climbs on to see what Carter is doing today. We all love seeing the photos and of course reading the progress. Obviously she has seen my routine and is just as concernd and interested. She loves seeing photos of Bennett too and look forward to seeing the baby too when he arrives. Anyway, we love you all and are still sending our prayers for restful and peaceful days ahead even with the little one coming.
    Enjoy the day,
    Shelley H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kar, You are so sweet...I'm happy to help in any possible way...managing the fund is the least I can do from afar. I love seeing the boys playing outside and each day Carter looks better and better! He is so sweet playing with Baby Brother, too! ;)
    XOXO,
    Shan

    P.S. If anyone is still interested in making a contribution to Carter's Fight Fund, its not too late! Please contact me for details s_haugh@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Carter and we love Shannon too!

    -Sarah Frey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on Shan--you are so great and have made it easy for all to help.

    So wonderful to see the boys playing just "normally."

    We continue to keep you all in our prayers, and my daughter, Annabella, loves to climb on my lap as I read her Carter "stories." I hope one day we can all meet up and have the kids play...down the road, of course, when Carter is ready! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carter looks soooo great!!! His coloring has really returned, so great to c!!!!! Night & day from before the new liver! Go Carter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have followed Carter's blog since May through my friend Erin. I have cried,prayed,and cheered for this little person I have never met. And I must say today's post was one of the best yet! Upon reading it, and even looking at Carter in the picture accompanying, it's beginning to look like life is on it's way back to "normal" GOd BlesS!! Your family has inspired me to valiantly confront fear not only in times of sickness. To look at the glass half full instead of half empty. Thank you for sharing this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kipp Family,
    Carter looks so good. I am so happy that he is home and feeling great. I hope that you are feeling good Kara. Wishing you lots of happiness at home and during the next few weeks when baby 3 arrives. Your family is in our prayers nightly!!!! Love, Brooke

    ReplyDelete