Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Turn around baby


Carter didn’t cough all through the night, then right when he woke up coughed a little bit. His nose was runny on and off throughout the day. Hopefully, it won’t drag on too much longer. We have an appointment at CHOC tomorrow and I’m going to ask the oncologist if there is anything we can give him to help expedite this cold. He is acting great and running around playing with Bennett as much as he can. Bennett got to go to the beach today with Grandpa, and he had a great time. Luckily, Carter just thinks Benny gets to do fun stuff like this because he is four years old. Man, we’re really going to have to make it up to Carter!

We had an OB appointment today and everything looks good. The baby did have his head down and has now turned around. So, my doctor said if he hasn’t turned back around in two weeks, we’ll have to talk about a c-section. We don’t have time to recover from a c-section though. Giving labor and recovering will be hard enough while having a two year old son in the hospital having chemo. I’m sure it will all work out and this little guy will turn around!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure when Carter is old enough to understand, he will be so grateful to you and Matt for keeping him away from infection so he could get a liver sooner that it won't even cross his mind that he had to miss out on doing fun things with Bennett! You and Matt are so brave, keep it up!

    Love, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your little one will turn, but if not, just think of all that you have gotten through already that you never thought you could do. It will all work out. So happy Carter is feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously...I am sure you were not thrilled to hear that the baby had turned. Thank goodness you have plenty of time to have that little guy turn himself again so he is in the right position. Kara, you just keep getting things thrown at you and you continue to handle them with grace and maturity. I am hoping today is the day you get the liver call! In the meantime enjoy the glorious weather...big hugs xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kara,
    We are praying that God will turn this new little guy in your tummy around. We agree that would definitely help and simplify things for you during this time. You need that! You're one strong determined woman and we say, just keep thinking positively! All the best!
    Love, Dan & Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my....praying that your little man will turn and trusting that God will continue to provide! Your grace and strength continues to amaze me...praying always!

    Aubrey M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that Baby Kipp turns around...little stinker...it will all work out and he has 2 full weeks to do a half-somersault :) Glad that Carter is feeling better...praying for a liver soon!
    XOXO,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby Kipp just isn't ready to leave his/her room yet. This baby will come on God's appointed day, happy & healthy in the name of Jesus...and what a glorious day it shall be!

    As for sweet Carter, well I am sure he will get plenty of beach time soon enough. Praying this bug, which is just a speed bump in the journey, will leave his body in the name of Jesus and that his health be restored. Still keeping your family and the donor family in prayer...awaiting the appointed time for the transplant. That is the thing to remember....all things happen according to God's time line not ours for His glory. Many blessings, many hugs and many more prayers blessed Kipps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara-
    Sounds crazy, but I tried all I could read about trying to get my first to turn, and just at the last minute when I didn't think it was possible (they were prepping me for a c-section and did one last scan), they said, "Wait a minute, this baby is vertex!" We'd already decided if by some miracle that happened, we'd induce, so that's what we did! So, it can happen. One of the things I did (though maybe don't tell your Dr. if you try, mine said "I don't want to hear this!") was to do handstands in the pool. :) It was fun at least trying to get my preggo body to do it, and maybe (?) it helped? Maybe I at least made you smile.

    That being said, I had a c-section w/ my 2nd (b/c he turned the wrong way at the last min.), and I can honestly say, for me, my c-section recovery was easier.

    So, I will hope for your little guy to turn, but also that if you do have a c-section, you have as quick and easy of a recovery as I did.

    All the best-
    Jenny Mavros

    ReplyDelete