Dylan & Bennett...there are no wordsWell, Carter woke up this morning with an occasional cough and more of a runny nose. It’s probably best he didn’t have major surgery yesterday. Bennett is already feeling and sounding much better, so we’re hoping this is the case with Carter by tomorrow or Thursday. It seems silly to completely keep them apart now that they both have a cold. We are just keeping them a few feet from each other in the same room, and I had Bennett out of the house most of the day today.
I was actually really looking forward to today, because I had planned something fun for Bennett and me to do (for a change). He had a swim lesson, which was nice for me to watch. Oh, how you miss the things that seemed so hectic and monotonous because you are running around in a million directions. It makes me sad when I have to miss out on things like swim lessons now. So, today I got to be there…and that’s what I try and do when I get the chance to do things like this now, BE there! After his swim lesson, we went to our pool and met up with my best friend and her son, Dylan. Bennett thinks Dylan is his cousin, and I don’t correct him half the time because I think it’s cute. I became friends with Court when we were their age, and we always told people we were cousins. The four of us had lunch and swam, and had a great day. Thanks Grammy for staying home with Carter!
Grammy also bought us a mini-crib we are putting in our bedroom (since the big boys each need their own rooms right now). It’s becoming real; this new baby will be arriving one of these days. And we have a feeling he doesn’t care if a liver has come or not. Hopefully, the timing will work out beautifully. We still have time for that to happen!
Liver liver we need a liver soon! Sounds like you had a great day and God knows you deserve it. Good old Grammy pulled through again....let's hear it for Grammy! I hope Carter has a great nights sleep and wakes up feeling well. You are going to get the "CALL" on Thursday. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed...xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeletePraying that it will indeed work out perfectly....and praying that Carter will be 100% healthy again soon! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteAubrey M
Sounds a like a super fun day Kara! You deserve some time to do the everyday activities that you used to do and to have some Bennett time(and you time) as well. Grammy is so fantastic and I'm sure she enjoys being with the boys as much as they enjoy being with her. We are still praying for the call to come soon....there's still time before baby #3 arrives!!! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteBennett, you are quite the "rad" man. I think you maybe a rockstar someday.
ReplyDeleteKara - so glad you had time with Court. She is definately a "bestest friend". You have needed that time to just relax and have some quality time with Benny too.
Keep praying for that call to come.
BIG HUGS AND LOVE TO YOU ALL
Tink