Dipping pretzelsWell, Carter's ANC is still zero. His other counts are up, so we're hopeful his ANC will go up soon too. All we can do is wait.
He was a good eater today. He's started dipping his pretzels in ranch dressing (more calories) and he had chips and guacamole. This is paying off. His weight was up again today about another pound. Although, we still have to be cautious of opening the hospital food tray near him. Right after I had changed an explosive diaper and was waiting for the nurse to come change the sheets, Carter asked me to open the food tray. He immediately started gagging, and threw up. He didn't seem too bothered by it though. He was laughing and when the nurse came in he said, "Ivan, I blahhhed!"
We had great news from UCLA. They were able to change our MRI to Tuesday. So, we're hopeful we'll be home by then and can make that appointment. We're crossing our fingers the surgeons will be able to meet with us that day too.
It appears happiness is a pretzel with ranch dressing...keep eating Carter. Hugs to all of the kipps...Julie Weaver
ReplyDeleteNot a day goes by that I don't pray for Carter.
ReplyDeleteToday my prayer will be his ANC will rise to acceptable levels...Don't know what that means but God does.
Praise God that Carter is keeping food down and is gaining weight. I don't think I would have liked the hospital food tray either! I say keep giving him what he will eat and keep down, it appears to be working. I speak to the ANC levels in Carter and say be fruitful and multiply until you are back to normal healthy levels in Jesus' mighty name! Father You created Carter, do a creative miracle and bring Carter's body back into alignment with Your word...that by Jesus' stripes Carter is healed and whole!
ReplyDeleteMany hugs dearest Kipps. I haven't commented for a few days, but you haven't been far from my mind or prayers! Still dancing around God's throne of Grace, praising and praying. Many hugs