Friday, June 26, 2009

Still waiting...

Keeping his chin up!

Great big brother visit

One of these days Carter's ANC will go back up and we'll actually be able to leave this hospital room. He's being a great sport. And yes, his ANC was zero again. The doctor told us to plan on staying through the weekend, and hopefully his counts will be up and we can go home Monday. We really want to make that appointment at UCLA on Tuesday morning.

They are keeping a calorie count on Carter now in hopes that he's taking in enough calories during the day that he won't need to be on TPN (the IV nutrients) when we do go home. This is processed in the liver, and we obviously don't want to be over-working that organ.

Bennett and Dad had a fun day of going to the tidepools at the beach and swimming and came to the hospital so the boys could have some playtime together. Bennett told Carter he missed him so much. It really just breaks our hearts that they have to be away from each other so much.

4 comments:

  1. Carter is looking much better than the pictures from the last week. He looks like he is gaining a little weight. I talked with Shannon last night and of course asked about you all. I check on you every morning before I go to work looking for good news with Carter. I keep praying and know that the something wonderful is going to happen soon. I can't even imagine how difficult this all must be as I am not a mommy but hang in there, it has to get better.
    I will look forward, as will you I know, great news from his MRI.
    Just keep remembering that visit you had with dad in the hall and how much better his son was doing and stay positive, I truely believe our positive thoughts help healing.
    love, gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's in our prayers every night!!

    Love from Indiana,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fervently praying, praising & dancing around God's throne of grace. Commanding the ANC count to come back to normal levels, commanding all fever to leave Carter's body, commanding every healthy cell within Carter's body to be fruitful & multiply to drive out every virus & cancerous cell. I thank You Father this side of Carter's healing. I hold onto Your promise in Isaiah 65:24 "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer, and while they are still speaking, I will hear." God You have already heard the call of many saints crying out for Carter's healing. Per your word, Carter's healing is already done in heaven, now manifest it here on earth in Jesus' mighty name.

    Many hugs dearest Kipps. I am reminding the Father of all His promises for your family and am rejoicing before His throne for the accomplishment of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that this has been a tough go around...sending prayers and love to you guys EVERY day. We are praying for strength and for his levels to rise rise rise! Also praying for you to make the appointment on Tuesday and GO HOME and for you all to have restful sleep in your beds. Know we are sending lots of strength and positive thoughts your way.

    Love,
    Courtney, Darrin and Charlie Norton

    ReplyDelete