Auntie, Grammy and Grandma share presents with Carter
Resting while brother opens his b-day giftsCarter woke up around 11pm last night, and Matt went into his room and slept on the floor the rest of the night. When Carter finally got up around 6:30am, I expected him to be chipper and energized after a good night sleep (and being so tired from getting sick the night before). This was not the case. He woke up needy and uncomfortable, and this lasted all morning. Grammy, Denny and Auntie came over for lunch and wanted to bring his birthday presents. Carter ended up sleeping in Grammy’s arms the majority of the time, and Bennett opened Carter’s gifts. Carter didn’t have much of an appetite all day. He slept on and off on Mom all day as well. At 8pm we decided to get him in pjs and give him his nighttime meds before bed. He vomited them all up. We changed him into clean pjs and waited a little bit before trying the meds again, because he had thrown them all up the night before and they never got in his system. We tried them again, and he threw up all over again. Matt and I are just feeling down tonight. When Carter is acting more like himself, it’s easier to not think that he is sick. But with days like today, it is so frustrating that Carter is sick and has cancer.
Oh Kara I am so sorry you had such a brutal day. The chemo is now full blown in his system so it is playing havoc with your little guy. Try to remember it is shrinking the tumor because you have proof that it is working. I know how horrific it must be to see your darling little guy so miserable. Hang on! I am saying a prayer right now for you and Matt. Please let Carter get some relief tonight...give him a peaceful night and some rest for his weary parents. Hang on...you all will get through this and you will have a healthy son once again. Hang on and I am sending your whole family an extra big hug tonight. xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeletePraying Carter gets the much needed rest, that all nausea leaves his body and he is able to keep his meds down. Praying the joy of the Lord engulf and permeate Carter...God's joy is Carter's strength! Praying his appetite returns and he starts to gain what was lost. But most importantly praying for that tumor to flat out dissolve and all cancerous cells to be removed from his body in the mighty name of Jesus. Calling down creative miracles from the throne room of God for not only Carter but for the entire family....miracles of health, joy, and financial blessings! Many gentle hugs.
ReplyDeleteThat does sound so frustrating and extremely difficult. It is so hard to see your kids not feeling well and know there's not too much you can do when you've tried everything. Just love from Mom, Dad, and family is probably making him feel much better even though he isn't quite showing it with the vomiting. I hope it gets better today as I'm reading this and that you all are already feeling better and more energized. Remember, in the big pictue, that you're SUCCEEDING at getting him all better so cheers to that! Again Megan says "Hi Carter (and Bennett too!)
ReplyDeleteShelley H.
I have tears in my eyes. I feel so sad for you guys having to go through all of thie. Carter is an inspiration to us all and I hope that he starts to feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteBrooke