Carter's dietary staple...pretzels & ranch
Taking the word "ranch hand" to another levelCarter's ANC is 63. Yes, this is still low, but it's going up! If it is up again tomorrow, the doctor will discharge us in the afternoon and we can make it to our appointment at UCLA on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed! Also, Carter is weighing in at 28 lbs! We have made a lot of progress over the past two weeks. It is no fun being at the hospital, but it was a necessity to be here. And now Carter knows the Barney and Diego DVDs by heart, and he can read the word "loading" on the DVD player. Always trying to point out the positives!
And last, but not least, Carter's AFP counts are in again. This is the original number which confirmed the diagnosis of hepatoblastoma. We started at 270,000, then to 59,000, then to 2,200, and now to 171!!!!! The average person's AFP is under 10, but we are on our way! Today showed great results! Phew!!
That's so great that his ANC is going up and his AFP are going down! Keep it up, Carter!
ReplyDeleteLove, Vanessa
That is all wonderful news! I am so glad to hear it. Keep up the positive thoughts. . . before you know it this will all be a distant memory.
ReplyDeleteYeah! ANC UP and AFP down...keep fighting Carter. Big love and hugs to all of you. Julie Weaver
ReplyDeleteYayyyy!!!!! I am so happy to hear the great news that you got the levels you wanted on both sides! Makes me so happy! Good luck tomorrow at your appointment, can't wait to hear how it goes!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Courtney Norton
I am SO happy to hear that his ANC counts are going up and the AFP are going down! I am thinking about you all constantly and am so happy for Carter that the challenging times at the hospital are paying off!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Becca
I LOVE HEARING ALL THIS GOOD NEWS!!!!! We have been waiting for this. Carter, you are the man, keep up the good work. So glad you are eating well and putting back on some weight. Yayyyyyyyyyyy!
ReplyDeleteMatt and Kara - We will all be anxiously awaiting to hear how it all goes at UCLA. HUGE PRAYERS coming your way. I love you so much!!
Auntie Tink
Kipp Family,
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy to hear all the great news!!! Carter is an inspiration to us all, along with your family. You guys are so strong and loving! Keep those good results coming Carter!!!!!
The Walker's
Great news, guys! So glad to hear it...that is amazing progress on SO many levels...ANC, AFP and his weight! Hope you get to go to UCLA tomorrow, too.
ReplyDeleteKeep fighting, Carter - you are such a superstar!
XO, Shan
That is incredible how much his AFP counts have gone down! And so awesome how much his weight has gone up and thank GOD for pretzels and ranch! You guys are amazing and working so well together in being so patient throughout this whole process. I'm believing that the next post I read will say you are home and will be able to make the appt. tomorrow at UCLA. Your strength is immeasurable and I so admire you as a family and Kara and Matt as parents. Also, of course, Bennett being a loving big brother and Carter a very brave and strong little fighter. Keep it up you guys!
ReplyDeleteShelley H.