Sunday, June 14, 2009

The sun was shining outside today, and will maybe shine inside tomorrow?


Well, I was hoping to report that we had a puke-free day, but that is not the case. Carter just wanted to be held all day again and slept on and off throughout the day. He ate some pancakes for breakfast, and then snacked on pretzels all day. Fortunately, he was drinking lots of water because I’m sure his body is so dehydrated. Needless to say, when we gave him his nighttime meds he threw them right back up (a few times). We didn’t attempt to do them again and are just trying to give him a break.

The highlights of the day were Grammy, Jann Pyka (long time family friend), Auntie, Ashton and Emilie (cousins) came over to visit. Carter was happy to see them all, and had enough energy to give them a smile but that was about it. We can’t wait for him to feel like himself again.

Dad and Bennett got to go to the Angels game with Grandpa today. They had a great time, and then they went swimming when they got home. I’m just glad Bennett gets to get out and have fun. That’s what kids should be doing…and Carter will get to someday soon!!

3 comments:

  1. Hope that today is a better day than the last few...you have such a great outlook, Kar...you are so right...at least Carter is getting rid of the cancer! Thinking of you guys constantly.
    XOXO,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you extra love and support, and wishes for an easier day today. As always, I am amazed by your strength and ever-positive attitude. Hopefully you can find added strength from knowing how many people are praying for your family and especially Carter's speedy recovery.
    Much love, The Harvies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kara, I have been keeping up with all of your emails. I just think that all of you are amazing and that because of all the good care, love and support, Carter can't help but beat cancer. thanks for all the photos and updates. I love you sooooo much! Sandy Perlmutter

    ReplyDelete