Putting Dad right back to workBennett was at school this morning, and I was home with Davis. Fortunately, my aunt came over to watch Davis while I headed to the hospital. Thanks Jamie! I relieved Matt at CHOC while he headed out to grab lunch. Well, he hadn’t been gone 15 minutes when the nurse came in and said they just finished rounds with the doctors and Carter gets to go home! I told our nurse I was Carter’s ride home and I had to leave in 30 minutes to get Bennett at school. So, the pediatrician came in to evaluate Carter, then we had one last IV anti-nausea med administered, the nurse took us off IV fluids, the oncologist came in to evaluate Carter, and finally we got to sign discharge papers. Usually, this process takes a long time but they were able to expedite it for us.
My aunt was surprised to see all four of us walk in the front door to our house. The boys started playing and were so happy to be together again. Bennett kept saying last night, “I wish Carter was here (to see this or do that).” It’s nice to have them home now!
By the way, we got our cool Carter’s Crusaders shirts for the CHOC Walk. Thank you Erin!! I wore mine to the hospital and brought Matt’s and Carter’s with me. They both put them on right away and we were showing them to all the nurses and doctors. They were all very impressed. Most of them will be at the Walk on Sunday too. The oncologist was panicked that we were taking Carter to the Walk. His ANC is still zero. We told her we don’t leave the house to do anything but doctor’s appointments, we would never take him to an event with thousands of people (in his condition right now). We can’t wait for him to participate next year though!
Big day tomorrow…Carter’s LAST chemo!! We were all cheering about it tonight!
Congratulations! Such a mile stone. . .hopefully by the time you read this he will be all done with chemo!
ReplyDeleteGOODBY AND GOODRIDENS CHEMO and HELLO TO A GOOD HEALTHY CARTER. So glad to have you all home at last! Wish I could be there for the walk, but for sure next year.
ReplyDeletePrayers to you everyday. You all have definately made the text books on this journey. Lots of Love coming your way Kipp Family of Five.
x0x0x0x Auntie Tink
I am so happy that Carter got to go home and you all went home together! AND even more happy that the last round of chemo is today!! We hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteHorray! So happy to hear that Carter got to go home yesterday and today is the last day of Chemo. Keep up the good work, big guy - you're almost done!!
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Shan
Now didn't that time go fast? Just kidding but really it is amazing what you guys have been through and it is almost behind you. Are you going to wean yourself off the blog after today? You guys rock and so happy Carter is home. His ANC will go back up once the miracle poison is over. It is a glorious day and SC and Notre Dame are playing football on Saturday so enjoy the beautiful fall weekend. Big hugs to all the Kipps! We are so proud of you and how you have handled this nighmare journey. xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteYayyyy! Good luck tomorrow, so glad that you are all home safe and sound! We will miss you guys at the walk this year, we're sad to miss it too. Next year! So happy that Carter is home and Bennett gets his playmate back : )
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Courtney Norton
Go, Carter, Go!!!
ReplyDeleteYour strength has been simply amazing!
Sending all our love,
The Schoutens