
Bennett had a soccer game today and almost scored a goal. Go White Sharks! I got to go to the game, which was such a treat. And he played great.
The boys got in their Halloween costumes this afternoon and played around the house. We are making Carter wear his brace because without it he complains of some pain. I think that leg needs the extra support right now.
Matt and Bennett went out trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. UCLA told us the exposure to swine flu is 10 feet. So, instead of Carter and me passing out candy, we put a bowl by our front door and had the kids help themselves. And Carter, Davis and I watched some Halloween TV shows. Luckily, Carter doesn’t know what he’s missing. Matt and I just can’t wait for next year. We have some serious making up to do for lost times…and that’s what we feel they are sometimes, lost times.
Now that we are two weeks from finishing chemo, Carter’s appetite is really picking up again! It’s so nice to see, and hopefully we can start incorporating some serious calcium into his diet!!
Happy Halloween! The boys look so adorable! Your pictures always bring smiles and tears. I love how you treasure each moment, such as Bennett's game, by saying "it was such a treat". We too often forget what is really important in our lives. You remind me daily of what really IS important. I thank you for that.
ReplyDeleteCarter has become a part of our everyday discussions. Every morning before my three boys wake up, I look forward to reading your blog from the night before. Each evening during dinner is when I update my husband on Carter. The boys listen with such curiousity and concern. Rylan (5) and Ethan (3) love to ask questions. Rylan asked, "Since Carter didn't go twick an tweatin, do you tink he watched the Yo Gabba Gabba halloween show?" And Ethan says, " He can't go in case a people sneezes on him?"
Obviously, the boys don't understand fully all that Carter has gone through, but they also amaze me at what they do understand. We also think of Carter every time we watch one of our many tivoed Gabbas! Chad, our baby, was proud to announce a few months back one of his first words..."Gabba."
With November arriving, I pray for new strength and healing within Carter's body and for all the little Winter flu and cold buggies to stay far far away from the Kipp family household. I hope each day continues to bring positive news for Carter so that the focus can be taken off of the nasty "C" word, and put back on being a healthy, happy and thriving family of five.
Love,
Andrea Pieretti
Kara the boys look so cute...love the golfer with his little tie. Darling! Hope this week brings some answers and some peace. You so deserve a break so let's all hope that happens sooner than later. Did you ever think it would be November? The finish line is just ahead and soon most of this will be behind you. I know you will have tests but the major annoyances should be over and you can get back to somewhat of a normal life. Yea! Big hugs to all the Kipps. xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteIs that another Payne Stewart in the making? Boy, Matt, Dad would love this picture.
ReplyDeleteI loved all the notes you posted. Yes, without a doubt The Kipp Family is such an encouragement and inspiration to us all.
You are in my thoughts and prayers all the time.
oxoxox Auntie Tink