Carter and Matt went to CHOC today to get an x-ray of Carter’s ribs. Carter did great through it. Unfortunately, he doesn’t know that x-ray is the first of many tests he’ll have this week. We didn’t get any results later today from the x-ray, but are hoping to tomorrow. Also, tomorrow Carter gets his cast off! They’ll do an x-ray (I know, so much radiation in one week!) to make sure it is healed. Hopefully, this is the case. I’m a little nervous for him to get the cast off and begin to walk around on that leg again. I just feel like an already weak leg will be even weaker. Luckily, physical therapy starts next week.
CHOC is working on getting our MRI and bone scan appointments as well. Hopefully, we can do them as soon as possible. This waiting for results is driving us crazy…even though I truly believe in my heart there is no more cancer in Carter’s body.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have Carter eat organic apples all week. The nutrionist told us that they are one of the best foods to eat when you are getting radiation for cancer so I would think xrays are the same thing. It can't hurt. I talked to your Mom and we both agree that those spots cannot be cancer...it just doesn't make sense. It is so annoying to wait for results but I am sure he will be fine. Big hugs and we will be thinking about him as he gets the cast off. Never a dull moment in the Kipp household! xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeletePraying for you and wishing that you and your family did not have to endure this. You are not far from my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteHey Kipps! We also truly believe that Carter is 100% cancer free. He is such a bright light in this world, as are each of you. Positive affirmations and loving prayers are sent your way.
ReplyDeleteLove, Jan and Jack
I'm so sorry that you have to wait anxiously for the good news that I KNOW in my heart is on the way. Please know that our thoughts are with you, and during the times when feel that you need EXTRA prayers, they are already on their way.
ReplyDeleteLove to all of you,
The Harvies
P.S. Absolutely adorable picture of you and Carter yesterday! And I can't believe how quickly Davis is growing!!
I can't imagine having to wait. We are praying for you and knowing that Carter is cancer FREE! love, Brooke
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh you guys! This really is a roller coaster ride! I do also believe that Carter is cancer free and know that the scan/MRI will show the same. We will send our prayers still and hoping the waiting will pass quickly. We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteShelley H.