Seriously...chemo again?!That’s right, the sixth and FINAL round of Carter’s chemo treatments began today. Knowing that this was the last round didn’t make it any easier to say goodbye to Carter and Matt as they left for the hospital. We know what he will be going through the next few days very well by now. I wish he didn’t have to be going through it, but there is a slight bit of relief that he’ll NEVER have to do it again! As we were going to bed last night, Matt and I discussed our game plan for this round of chemo. Matt was going to request the anti-nausea medication that lasts three days, which Carter received a few days after beginning Round 5. This drug seemed to work well, and he can also have another anti-nausea med on top of it if this isn’t effective. After being admitted today, Matt discussed this with the nurses and they were going to go ahead with this plan. Also, he’ll receive another dosage of this drug right before leaving on Sunday. We want to make it through this sixth round of chemo by making it as painless as possible for Carter.
Carter’s hair seems to be slowly coming out again. Matt and I have been watching it closely because he lost it towards the end of Round 1 initially. We figured it would probably happen soon. However, maybe he won’t end up losing his eyelashes and eyebrows this time because we only have this one round of chemo. Hopefully, it’s not uncomfortable for him as his hair is coming out. It grew in pretty quickly before, so maybe he’ll have hair again by Thanksgiving!
The baby nurse who had been helping us at home since Davis was born left today. We wanted to thank the Black and Berlinger families, as well as any other friends that contributed for giving us this gift. She was a HUGE help and allowed us to not go completely insane during these past three weeks. Thank you for insisting that we needed this help, and for taking care of us!! We love you!
Speaking of help…Grandma, Matt’s mom, arrives tomorrow and we can’t wait! Bennett has been counting down the days! And we’re so excited for her to meet Davis! Hopefully, Carter will be feeling well when he gets home and he can get quality Grandma-time too!
Wow here you go again...what a trooper. I hope you did the blog early so you could get to bed early. Kara you are so strong and in just a few days your darling Carter will be DONE! Can I hear a what what!!!! So happy for all the Kipps. I always feel like October is like a new beginning. Halloween is going to be a ball in the Kipp house this year. Let the good times begin. Night night and get a good nights sleep. Big hugs xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteWow, last round of chemo! Keep up the great work and your plan sounds fantastic and I'm happy to hear that the nurses are on board also. You guys have done an incredible job throughout all of this yucky cancer stuff and are nearing the end! I hope this round will go well and Carter will feel well, sleep well, and eat well throughout. we're sending our prayers to all the Kipp family. I hope you have a great night's sleep...
ReplyDeleteShelley H.
You are almost done!!!! I have been out of touch with the computer for a couple of weeks and was so happy to hear that Carter is finally on his last round of chemo! What an acocomplishment. I wish you guys the best of luck this round and smooth sailing for carter! You are in my prayers daily!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Courtney Norton
Go Carter Go! Good luck with your final round of chemo! You are such a figher and we know you will get through this last round with flying colors. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Shan & Tony