Sunday, October 18, 2009

CHOC Walk!










Bennett and I headed out the door at 5:30am this morning for the CHOC Walk. He was wondering why I was waking him up in the middle of the night. Once we got to Disneyland and saw all the people and the event, he thought it was pretty cool. The “Carter’s Crusaders” group was gathering in front of the park, and I got to see lots of friends there supporting us. I was so touched to see people wearing the t-shirts that were made for our team and such a big group meeting so early in the morning. Then, I saw the banner that was made for the Carter’s Crusaders and I almost started balling. After participating in the CHOC Walk all these years, it was very surreal to be there walking for my son and seeing his sweet little face on this huge banner. We are so grateful to the Glass Slipper Guild for your support and being such a great group of women! And thank you to our friends and family for being there too!

I spotted some of Carter’s favorite nurses at the walk and had them come and take a picture by the banner. They were so happy to do it, and were blowing him kisses in the picture. Well, when I got home and showed Carter the pictures, he thought it was the coolest thing ever. He couldn’t believe we saw his “friends” there! Today was a very special day. I just wish Matt and Carter could have been there to enjoy it too.

Carter seems a little better today. As long as he is improving a little each day, we are happy. We want to continue to keep him hydrated, so we are encouraging liquids. Last night he had three popsicles, and tonight he had FIVE! They are mini popsicles, but still. This is good though because for his kidney scan tomorrow they asked for him to be well-hydrated. I would think five popsicles would help!

5 comments:

  1. OMG...the baby looks like he is cheering for Carter. So happy they walk went well...we were thinking about you guys. You look fatastic by the way...not sure how you do it but you look relaxed and beautiful. Life is starting to sound almost normal. Oh my! Big hugs and heres to a wonderful scan and great week. xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing turn out of people! Glad Carter is feeling better and you look great too, glowing! Looks like everyone is feeling a little better day by day in the Kipp house.
    Hope the scan goes well today.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't know how you held it together, I'm a mess just reading and looking at the pictures. We were definitely there in spirit. Thinking of the five of you. Clear scan for Carter today!
    All our love.
    Tracy, Tony, Jaden, Sophia, and James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was thinking about you all day and sooooo wished I could have been there. Reading and looking at the pictures I agree with "Sis" I am a mess right now.

    Praying the scan is GOOD GOOD GOOD.

    Love to all 5! Auntie Tink

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pictures and the walk looks like so much fun!!! I'm sure you never imagined walking for your own little guy, but thankfully you've been such a strong supporter and have such incredible family and friends who supported you before you knew you needed it and all the way through. I wish we were there, but Megan wore her "special Carter shirt" as she called it, proudly all day. I'm sure it will get a lot of wear around here. We love you all and can't wait to hear about the scan tomorrow. Lucky little guy to have sooo many popsicles in one day!
    Shelley H.

    ReplyDelete