Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby arrives!

Fresh out of the oven!

Loves from Grammy

Proud parents

Matt and Kara are proud to announce the birth of their son, Davis Matthew Kipp. He is doing great and was a healthy 8lbs. 11oz. and 21 inches long. Everyone is happy to have a healthy boy join our crazy clan!

When we were leaving this morning at 7:30am, Carter was so happy to hear it was Mommy who was going to the doctor today. Matt took Carter in for blood work at CHOC, and arrived back at the hospital to see me at 11:15. The doctor broke my water at 10:15, and I was asking for an epidural around 1:45pm. The nurse checked and I was 4cm dilated, she said the anesthesiologist would come in when he got out of a c-section. Within 20 minutes I became fully dilated...most painful 20 minutes of my life. I kept thinking of Carter and how brave he has been and how I can do this. I finally received my epidural right before getting ready to push...thank God! We waited about 15-20 minutes for my doctor to finish a delivery next door. Davis had the hiccups and literally hiccuped his way out...with some help from Mom. He arrived at 2:34pm.

He's beautiful and a joy, and we can't wait for Bennett and Carter to see him!!

Matt claims to have picked the names for all our boys, so he said I could pick Davis' middle name. I told him I'd surprise him. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather honor, especially after everything we've been through lately. Matt, you are incredible and I hope all our boys become the type of man you have become!! I love you! And we love Davis Matthew too!

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am so happy that Davis has made his arrival...welcome to the world little boy! What a wonderful blessing!

    Love,
    Courtney Norton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Love the name and he is adorable. Welcome to the world little man...get ready for a crazy ride! Grammy looks so cute with Davis and you already look thin! How are the kankles? What a wild day and I am sure you are all tired but thrilled. Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy. Get some rest and stay there as long as they will let you...Big hugs to the Kipp family...all five of you! xoxo John and Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! He is beautiful!!! See you next week @ preschool.

    Sincerely,
    Joe, Sarah, Cole, and Caitlyn Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!!! Chills and tears again.......you make beautiful babies. I love the name. I am so happy for you and your family. You have been through so much.....praying for you nightly. Love, Brooke
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous boy. We are so thrilled for you all. Congratulations!
    Love, Kristin and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so sweet. Almost makes me want another one.....nope.....your comment on the epidural just reminded me. J/K. Congratulations! You are all such an inspiration to so many. Bennett, Carter and Davis are so lucky to have such an awesome mommy and daddy. Good luck in the weeks to come. Hopefully this little guy likes to sleep. My thoughts and prayers are still with you.
    ITB,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Boy, Davis could NOT have picked a better family to join!!!!! He is just grand!!!! Congrats & way to go Kara!!!
    xoxo The Schoutens

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!! Another adorable baby boy!! So happy that everything (besides your 20 minutes of pain) turned out well. Hope you have a good night's rest.

    Much love

    The Stewarts

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations kipp family and way to go kara!! what a sweet little love. great name by the way. i also like how your boys are B, C & D :)

    lots of love,

    mollie and jim and family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the Kipp Family!! I'm so happy everything went so well and that little baby Davis is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Baby Davis! You are such a lucky little guy to be born to this amazing family. Sleep well sweet boy. We can't wait to know and love you too! Congrats to the whole family!!
    Much love,
    The Harvies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the arrival of Davis! What a precious little one.

    Take care...Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! I too noticed the B, C & D....can't help it. I'm OCD. =)

    Welcome Davis! You will soon learn what an awesome family you've joined. I can't wait to squeeze you.

    Kara seriously...with all you've been thru these past 4 months...including delivering a baby on (almost) no epidural...you look like a freakin' super model in that picture! And I don't think a Daddy could look more proud.

    XOXO Love to Kipp Party of 5 from Burns Party of 5 (five is so fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I am so happy for you all. Looks like the all the tight planning worked out and little Davis cooperated coming right on time. Davis you are such a precious boy, enjoy this magical time!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited to meet another member of the family!!! Welcome to the world Baby Davis, you're a lucky little man to have these parents!! Congratulations Kara & Matt, he's beautiful!!! Can't wait to hear about Bennett and Carter meeting their new brother!! Lots of Love, Alana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, Kar! Welcome Davis!
    xoxo,
    Amy & Sam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to the world Davis, you are surely one blessed little fella. You have 2 big brothers at home that are gonna love you to pieces...that is if there is anything left after Mom, Dad & Grammy get through with you!

    Bravo Matt, Kara & God! He is a beautiful baby! Sending many blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cara and Jerry WeichmanSeptember 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM

    Congrats Kipp Family! Such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Kar and Matt! Davis is perfect! Kar, you are amazing and look fabulous in the pic. We can't wait to meet the little guy!
    XOXO,
    Shan & Tony

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hooray! Welcome baby. Kara, you make me want to burn all of my delivery room pics. You look so beautiful! Keep the pics coming. Can't wait to meet Davis. He looks perfect in every way.
    ITB, Sarah Frey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kara - it has already been said, but you look soooooooooooo pretty and Matthew Kipp you are a handsome guy too! But I am really predujice.

    Baby Davis is such a lucky guy to be born into this family with the best parents I know of. And wait til his brothers feast their eyes on him. A big Congratulatins to you both. Tears of joy!

    Love, Auntie Tink

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!!!

    Josh and Dana Young

    ReplyDelete