Saturday, September 19, 2009

Carter's Crusaders

Carter's a BIG brother now

The Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) where Carter has received his treatment has a yearly fundraiser in partnership with Disneyland. It is called the CHOC Walk in the Park and is a walk through the Disneyland Park and California Adventure on Sunday, October 18th. Thousands of people come out for the event and many groups walk in-honor of someone being treated at CHOC. This year, we are honored the Glass Slipper Guild has chosen to walk in-honor of Carter. I've been involved with this group of extraordinary women dedicated to raising community awareness and funds to support CHOC for over four years. In my years of walking at this event I never once imagined walking for my own child, but am extremely grateful for CHOC itself and the amazing support backing Carter and our family. It is a wonderful event for a great cause, here are the details:

CHOC Walk in the Park
JOIN Carter's Crusaders
On October 18th, thousands of CHOC supporters will walk through the Disneyland® Resort at the 19th Annual CHOC Walk in the Park presented by the Disneyland® Resort. This event, which benefits CHOC Children's and CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital, is sure to provide an unforgettable day of fun.

* Special thanks to Erin Burns and all the women of Glass Slipper Guild!!

5 comments:

  1. I won't be able to be there in person, but I will be walking with all of you in the Spirit. Praying for lovely weather, praying for many hearts to be open so their wallets as well will be open so you ladies can raise lots of money for a wonderful hospital. CHOC sounds like one caring compassionate hospital. An example of how the health care industry should operate in every facility...thinking of the patient first and $$$ last. Many hugs & many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an angelic picture of your two little guys...oh that protective arm around Davis is just precious. Thanks for the update on the walk. We have two trips planned so we will see if we can make it. Hope you had a better day...kinda think not since you didn't report and you are so sweet you didn't want to say you had another rough one. Hang on Kara...Grammy is on her way home and this will be a better week for Carter. Hopefully Benny is better too. Yikes! Big hugs and lot's of health to all the Kipps.
    xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic and fun fundraiser for CHOC! I'm sure you had never imagined walking for your own child, but a blessing you're involved and you will have so many supporters walking for Carter. I wish we could be a part of the event...we will be thinking of you! We're hoping your days are getting easier (and nights growing more restful). We're always sending you our prayers daily.
    Love, Shelley H. and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be walking for Carter and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete