Carter rocking out at the clinicWell, it's the end of the first week of preschool and Bennett gets a stomach virus. We had such a fun night last night with the boys dancing to their new CD's that Grandma sent them. They were so cute. And we all played board games. It was a good night.
Of course, it was the calm before the storm. Carter woke up every 30 minutes last night. Finally, Matt went in and slept in the chair in Carter's room from 2am-7am. Bennett woke up complaining of a stomach ache and by 10:30 he was vomitting. Not only is Carter's ANC low right now and it would be scary if he got this virus, but Davis is only 10 days old. We are hoping hand washing and some separation within our house will be enough.
Carter had outpatient chemo today and the doctor wanted to do a blood transfusion as well. So, Matt and Carter spent the day at CHOC. His appointment was at 1pm, then the transfusion was finished at 5:30pm. Carter had a reaction to the blood. He was red and splotchy, and his blood pressure went up. They wanted them to stay and monitor him for a while. Matt and Carter didn't get home until 8pm. At this point, it was probably best for him to be out of the house. Bennett was asleep in bed by the time they got home.
Nothing seems to be easy, but we are getting through it!...one wild day at a time!
Bearing it with you Kipp family from Seth's room here at UCLA... Hoping Carter and Davis escape it, as well as praying Bennett feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteWith Love,
Samantha Fong
I had a CT scan done 3 weeks ago and they called me the next day to say I had a tumor on my pancreas. On Thursday I had an endoscopic ultrasound/biopsy to see better what it was. In the three weeks I learned everything I could and had prepared myself that I had cancer and would be going on a different walk for awhile. It ended up I have a cyst, not cancer. I now have the smallest of understanding of what other's who are diagnosed go through, but I know not even half of what is really felt. I am so glad you knnow God and have His strength and comfort during this time. Who can stand without Him? I prayed for your sweet son and your family. God bless you all.
ReplyDeleteGood Grief Kara! Let's get a break here for the Kipp family. I am so sorry you have had to deal with all of this the first week home. I hope you and Matt are holding up...breath and take some vitamins, air borne and anything else you can think of. I am praying today is a better day. You two are so tough but this is getting a little too crazy. I am thinking about you and hope things are better today. I would come up and hold Davis but I am sick today too. Yuk! Hang on Kara! Big hugs and lots of love xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteNothing is easy.....you guys deserve a break Kara. Carter amazes me with his strength as well as yours and Matts. I wish I could say that I would be the same......you are amazing. Keep your head up and good things will happen to you guys. Praying for you.......take care. Love, Brooke
ReplyDeleteWow you guys, that all sounds so insane!! I will pray that that stomach virus doesn't spread to ANYONE and goes away fast! Wow, nothing is easy lately for you guys but you are getting through it most importantly. Hopefully Carter will be feeling well today and the separation yesterday probably was for the best. I'm hope today is much better!! Hang in there!!!!
ReplyDeletelove,
Shelley H.
Praying this virus leaves Bennett and this family in the mighty name of Jesus. Praying God's joy and strength be upon each and everyone of you. Celebrating before God's throne the completion of Carter's healing. Many hugs and many blessings!
ReplyDeleteHello, Kipp family, and welcome to little Davis. I just love the boys' names. Since i am back teaching, I haven't logged in a comment, but please know I read your blog every day and pray for all of you. God is merciful, and is the only One who can truly heal little Carter--lean on Him for strength.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable family you are! I just marvel at your attitude and ability to get through these days, one at a time. Some day this will all be a distant memory--the sooner the better, right?
Blessings,
Hollie Woods