
We've learned from experience, the second day of Carter's chemo rounds is always a day full of nausea. Carter slept okay through the night (we wish Dad could say the same). And we thought we were in the clear from Carter getting sick, until this afternoon hit.
Okay, I guess I did sign something in my discharge papers yesterday about not driving for 2 weeks, but it's hard to stop a mother's determination. I ran over to CHOC for a quick visit and to give Matt a brief relief from the hospital. He was glad to get out, and I was thrilled to be able to cuddle with Carter for 45 minutes or so. While I was there, he got sick for the first time. And this continued all afternoon. It kills Matt and me to see him go through this again. It just strips that happy energetic Carter right away. He is miserable, and we feel helpless. Hopefully, we can get him out of there first thing on Sunday so we can get him home and feeling better and eating again. I can just pray for this to be the fastest 6 weeks of our lives!! You are a super star Carter, and I'm sorry you're going through this again. We're almost done!
Praying he feels better soon. He is a strong boy who is a fighter. You are always in our thoughts.
ReplyDeleteBrooke
Darn it! I am so sorry to hear Carter is so sick...just remember this too will pass. Take care of yourself Kara. You need to be strong for all these little boys in your life. Bless your heart...I know you feel pulled but this too will end and your little guy will be DONE with chemo FOREVER!!!!! Hang on...big hugs!xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteKara, each step in this journey brings Carter closer to a full recovery...he has such strong and loving parents...remember your love surrounds him even when your arms can't! Prays and blessings to the all the Kipps, you make us want to be better people!
ReplyDeleteLove, Jan and Jack Ashby
Praying the nausea passes quickly and his body rebounds from this round in Jesus' mighty name. God is faithful to do this and more through Carter. Many hugs, many prayers, & many blessings!
ReplyDeleteSending prayers that carter feels better VERY soon and that the worst of this round flies by. Hopefully this will be a good chance for you, Bennett and Davis to have some get to know each other time, even though it's so hard. Take care of yourselves and know you are in our thoughts!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Courtney Norton