Still doing it with a smileWe have accomplished so much in the past five months, yet it feels like we are back to square one. Carter was up on and off throughout the night last night...usually up when Davis wasn't. Carter feels miserable, which is making him needy and just wanting to be held. This time, however, there is a newborn baby and we're trying to have enough hands (and energy) for everyone.
Carter's care feels like it is a two-person job again. We called CHOC and UCLA this morning to tell them Carter threw up and we got all of his morning meds in except for the large one they added later. They asked for him to be brought in to CHOC to get an IV hydration and promised we'd leave with an anti-nausea med that will (hopefully) work. I felt awful calling Matt at work after he had just gotten there with our extended morning routine for Carter to tell him they needed to go to CHOC again. This is so hard. We want Carter feeling better and want to get through this as soon as possible. Carter feels sick and it makes him not want to eat or take his medications, but this time the meds are crucial.
On a good note, Bennett had his first day of Pre-K today. He was so happy to be back at school with his buddies again!
Yikes...no double yikes! Kara hang on this too will pass. Grammy is coming to the rescue tomorrow! Carter will start feeling better soon, just like before so hang on. Gosh I wish I could wave a magic wand and fast forward your life to Christmas but you have to walk through this garbage to get to Christmas...hang on. Have we tried a glass of wine yet? Carter will be back to his old self, maybe even tomorrow...I am praying for that. Big hugs and wishes for peace and calm in the Kipp household. xoxo John and Cindy
ReplyDeleteYou and Matt are amazing! I don't know how you do it with a new baby and Matt going to work and Bennett starting school! Just remember this has passed in the past and this will pass too. Stay positive, you can do it!
ReplyDeleteGina
Ugh...so terrible to feel like you are back at square one again. I hope the new meds work for anti-nausea. Kar and Matt - you guys are so amazing and we pray that the next 6 weeks go by SO fast.
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Shan
Matt and Kara - This is just one of those many dips in the road, but you always seem to conquer.
ReplyDeleteCarter boy, we all want you 100% healthy so soon. I am so sorry you are having to do this again.
Sending you GIANT hungs to all the Kipps.
oxoxox Tink
I command all nausea and sickness to leave Carter's body in Jesus' mighty name. I speak health to his body. I speak peace over and in this family in Jesus' mighty name. Hang in there, this will pass and Carter will regain any ground lost in Jesus' mighty name.
ReplyDeleteHoly Spirit pour out your joy over, into and through Matt & Kara for Your word says that Your joy shall be our strength...so I speak joy and joy abundantly upon each and everyone of this family right now in Jesus' mighty name. Many hugs, many prayers, many blessings.
Hope you know you are supported by such positive loving thoughts...we think about you each day and we can only guess as to how difficult this is. We know you have the strength to handle all of these seemingly backwards steps, but the sooner it is done, the sooner life becomes "normal" the better. God Bless,
ReplyDeleteJan and Jack
Thought about you all day...hope it was a better one with Carter feeling better. Hopefully Grammy helped so you can get a little rest. Breathe! xoxo Cindy and John
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how hard this all is for you and we are thinking of you always and your amazing ability to do it all even though it is challenging. Just take it hour by hour and you will get through it. This will all pass before you know it and Carter will be feeling better (and sleeping better too I hope!!) We love you all and know it will get better!!!
ReplyDeleteShelley H. and Family