Friday, September 25, 2009

To be home again





Well, after an unexpected five days in the hospital, Matt and Carter are home again! They had an eventful day of chemo, a flu shot, IV and oral meds, and the whole discharge process. Finally, they got home around 4pm and Bennett and I (and Davis) couldn’t be happier. The boys were hugging and playing together, and soon enough got back in their routine and Dad and I were refereeing again. Boys will be boys!

Carter’s ANC is in the upward direction at a low 150. We need it to continue to go up throughout the week, so we’ll be on target to begin Round 6 of chemo on Thursday. His ANC needs to be at least 700 to begin chemo, and we are hopeful it will be.

It will be nice to enjoy a quiet and restful weekend at home. On Monday, we are back to CHOC for blood work. Then, we’re hoping for a couple more uneventful days before Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. The way Carter is looking at Bennett is so precious...such devotion. Baby Davis is adorable and all the Kipps are under one roof. Boy has this been a wild ride but you are almost done. I can't believe it is time for Round 6 of chemo...there hasn't been a break from Round 5...whew! But then that is it and you can head into the holidays and have some fun! You have all been so brave and now it is almost time to just enjoying life and maybe a little vacation with the whole family. Happy days are here again! Big hugs and enjoy the calm this weekend. It's a good life! xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are all home. Davis is adorable and so big. Your strength is amazing. Carter is truly an inspiration to all. I hope those levels keep going up! GO CARTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God Carter is home...he really looks good and you can see the look of love for Bennett in this picture. David is so cute! Praying the ANC levels to healthy and ready for the next & final round of chemo. Many hugs and many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. THATS WHAT I CALL "BROTHERLY LOVE". What a great picture!!! What 3 precious Kipp boys.

    Lots of Love to you all. Auntie Tink

    ReplyDelete