Monday, September 7, 2009

One month post-transplant!

Purely for the entertainment of our friends

How 'bout them KANKLES!

It’s hard to realize the date and not relate everything to our battle and where we have been. It feels great to have the first month post-transplant behind us. Now for the next two months…as nervous as we are with these next two rounds of chemo, we are so anxious to start them and get them behind us.

This is a BIG week for our family! Today may have been Labor Day for most, but tomorrow is our labor day! We are calling the hospital at 6am tomorrow morning to see if they are ready to induce us at 7am. And, of course, our day couldn’t be as simple as that. Grammy will take me to the hospital, as Matt takes Carter to CHOC to get blood work done in the morning. Auntie is coming to our house to watch Bennett after getting her own kids off for the first day of school. Hopefully no later than 11am, Matt will bring Carter back to our house with Auntie and Benny. And Matt heads off to Hoag Hospital to meet me. It’s a crazy day with a lot of moving parts, but we knew it would be.

I’ll get two “vacation” days in the hospital while Matt is home with both boys. Hopefully, I can get discharged first thing Thursday morning and bring Baby Brother home to meet his big brothers before Matt takes Carter to CHOC to be admitted for chemo that day.

The four of us had our “last supper” as the four of us! Tomorrow will begin a new chapter in the story of our family, a good chapter! We can’t wait to meet you Baby Brother, and share the news with everyone!!

12 comments:

  1. Loved seeing you and Benny this afternoon...the kankles look bigger so it must have been from the standing. Remember lot's of lime juice when you get home! You are such a trooper (you too Matt)...I will be thinking about Team Kipp all day tomorrow. Pushing and breathing will be your day and then Baby Kipp will have a name and a life...blessings for all! Big hugs xoxo Cindy and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! My feet were just like that with Megan...I remember I couldn't feel my ankle bone - it was just all jello!

    That top pic is ADORABLE! Love Bennett's stance! And I swear, Carter is looking stronger and heavier everyday! You know I'll be stalking the site and my email all day tomorrow until you share that lil boy's name! Sending easy delivery vibes your way (but not till 11AM or later!) =)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a family, what a day! I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor. You all continue to blow my mind! Bennett is going to be a big BIG brother and Carter just keeps on trucking like he just seems to do. Anytime I am feeling slow or down, I just think about you guys managing some of life's biggest hurdles all at once. Truly amazing and inspiring. Can't wait to get the news on Kipp #3. Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Enjoy the "vacation" - HA!

    Daralyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought of you all coming into work, knowing this is the day with a new bundle of love coming into your lives. Kara, I do so hope that your delivery with this new baby boy goes well and you and Matt are soon looking down at your new addition. Can hardly wait to get my phone call from Jill.

    Was so happy that you and Matt had a real date together and hearing about the serenade.

    Sending you lots and lots of love. Auntie Tink

    P.S. Thank you Denny and Grammy - your timing was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the belly picture, you look great! Hope everything is going as planned today and can't wait to see the next post!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sending LOTS of good thoughts today!!!!! Yay, a new baby brother! I am so excited to meet this little guy and will be on pins and needles waiting to hear the good news! Good luck and wishing you an easy, relaxing birth and couple of days "off", ha ha!

    Love,
    Courtney Norton

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah!!! go kara go! i'll be thinking of you guys all day today! what a wonderful mommy and daddy of three you will be!

    hugs to all of you!
    bethie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely picture of you and the fellas...all 3 of them although one hasn't quite made his appearance yet! As for the kankles....well it was to be expected as you have been quite busy keeping up with Carter! He has had a busy schedule for the past month...which hopefully will slow down to the normal 2 year old traffic! Praying for a smooth delivery of this blessed boy. Praying for Carter's next round of chemo to go smoothly with little or no side affects. Many hugs and many more blessings dearest Kipps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kar - you look amazing and I hope everything goes well today! The kankles look painful...hope they go away soon. We will be thinking of you all day and can't wait to hear the news when Baby Brother arrives. You guys are amazing on how you juggle everything and I know it will all fall into place and work out well. Enjoy your 'vacation' in the hospital and hope you can relax a bit after the delivery today.
    Love you guys!
    Shan and Tony

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh!! You are probably at the hospital now awaiting Kipp #3!!!! Yeah!!! I wonder if his name will start with a D? :)
    I know this day will go so smooth & your new little guy will get to meet his GREAT family soon!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ankles are hysterical!!! Mine looked exactly the same way when I was pregnant with Megan and I remember that you could press on them and the imprint would stay that way for at least a whole minute! It was crazy and uncomfortable!!! You look great though!!! We are so excited for baby boy Kipp to come today and can't believe the week you guys have ahead of you! It is unreal but you are all managing everything so well. It sounds like it takes a lot of coordination but you are pulling it off beautifully today! We can't wait to hear about the little one when he comes into the world and send you prayers for the week ahead! I hope the delivery goes smoothly and I'm sure you'll enjoy your "vacation" with the little one Kara! We love you!
    Shelley H.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg, thought you stole the kankle picture from my photo album! My feet looked exactly the same way. The day of my first son's birth (September 8, 2004), I had to go to the hospital barefoot. Neither my husband's flip flops or slippers would fit my feet.
    Thinking of you and new baby brother's healthy arrival. Enjoy your 2-day "resort hotel" stay. I am considering a 4th pregnancy just to vacation at the hospital again!
    My husband and I are looking forward to your next family update.
    Love,
    Andrea Pieretti

    ReplyDelete